Shotgun Renewal Form.

max151

Ive just filled in the application form for my shotgun renewal and noticed in bold type at the bottom of the form

that i must not send the form in as a FEO  has been allocated to my enquiry and will contact me to discuss

my application and the best way for them to receive my paperwork. Is this the norm as last time i hand

delivered it to the  Police.

17 minutes ago, max151 said:

Ive just filled in the application form for my shotgun renewal and noticed in bold type at the bottom of the form

that i must not send the form in as a FEO  has been allocated to my enquiry and will contact me to discuss

my application and the best way for them to receive my paperwork. Is this the norm as last time i hand

delivered it to the  Police.

That doesn't sound good. 

Why would they need to discuss the best way to receive the application. 

Not heard that one before. 

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I strongly suspect you will have to send it all "On Line"

If as he says he's received the paperwork makes no sense to wait for a call to discuss the best way for them to receive the application. 

I'd send it in signed for and wait for the call that's all that's required then any delay is there problem.

Just now, mellors said:

If as he says he's received the paperwork makes no sense to wait for a call to discuss the best way for them to receive the application. 

I'd send it in signed for and wait for the call that's all that's required then any delay is there problem.

All depends which Police Force, they all seem to be going over to the "on line" way of doing things.

Because its a renewal  you might just have same guns etc so nothings changed so your no getting the same priority as a first timmer 

I would be surprised if its a F.E.O they seriouly cut back on there numbers and you might just get a police officer doing the manual work and reporting back as thats what i had , Its a bad thing doing it that way i nearlt lost my rimefire as the normal bobby couldnt understand as there are fewer rabbits i am not using it as much in previous years and said you dont need it 

You might get to do it on line two weeks after my renewal was completed with visits and everything a mate had to do his on line as covid had started and it went threw in a week no bother and no visits 

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

All depends which Police Force, they all seem to be going over to the "on line" way of doing things.

Doing it on line means no face to face visits and you cant argue your case its there way or no way 

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then why send the forms out with a message in bold at the bottom.???. 

Not much use if you haven't go access on line. 

Which a lot of people haven't. 

Get it in they might not ring then you're a late application with all the agro that goes with it. 

1 minute ago, mellors said:

Get it in they might not ring then you're a late application with all the agro that goes with it. 

Late application they couldnt cope with the demand before they reduced the numbers and they have very few that are renewed before your cert expires now .

I was told buy as much ammo as you can and sit it out some forces are 3/4 months behind renewal dates 

4 minutes ago, max151 said:

Many thanks to all who responded to my query,Ill contact them first thing Monday morning.Once again thanks.

Make sure you do. 

If they don't answer get down the post office. No matter what they say you have to get it to them asap one way or another in the agreed time scale.

Get your end right then there's no come back. 

5 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

It’s how it was done in Scotland two years ago when I renewed. Spoke to them and it went direct to HQ rather than the local station. Nothing sinister in it.

I usually took my cert to headquarters at glenrothes and drop it on the front desk but even then you loose traceability ,Ive had them phoneing up asking whats happening to be told i dropped it off at the front desk 2 weeks ago and sending it registered is a waste of time as its the front desk that sign for all the mail not individial deptartments 

4 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I usually took my cert to headquarters at glenrothes and drop it on the front desk but even then you loose traceability ,Ive had them phoneing up asking whats happening to be told i dropped it off at the front desk 2 weeks ago and sending it registered is a waste of time as its the front desk that sign for all the mail not individial deptartments 

Doesn't matter you can prove it's gone to the required address with date and time recorded. 

Its better than no section 7 and shift you guns to a mate or worse rfd and paid storage. 

46 minutes ago, mellors said:

Cambs, Beds and Herts send out a letter printed on paper in an envelope through the post to tell you to get your renewal in on line in good time!

They stress that if you do not have access on line, to get a trusted neighbour to help you!

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Cambs, Beds and Herts send out a letter printed on paper in an envelope through the post to tell you to get your renewal in on line in good time!

They stress that if you do not have access on line, to get a trusted neighbour to help you!

Yes I've seen that's happened in Nottinghamshire. 

As i said regardless you've got to get it in. As they sent a form I'd assume fill it in send it back. 

Definitely wouldn't wait for a phone call. 

Minor problem in handing application form in Kent now.... there isn't anywhere to hand it in.  They sold the headquarters in Maidstone off.  Everything. . + 14 acres ?!!  The last time I handed it in to some random bloke who said that they'd send it to firearms.  There wasn't a reception or anything.  I did get the certs eventually but the fac was written out completely wrong.  Ammo wrong,, weapons wrong,  silencers not on there,  silencers that I didn't have put on there like ghost weapons.  You could teach monkeys to write certs out better.  It had to go back for re writing... Still it only needed one re write.!!!  I did have a previous cert that had 3... yes 3 re writes to get correct.  And they don't even seemed concerned by this chaos.  It shouldn't be like this.  And or precious orgs are doing their best for us. !!!!

Edit.. I  said to the Foe, ..."see you in 5 years time"  he replied " Nahh,  I won't be here in 5 years time". Good bye then.  Perhaps they'll send a monkey round.  Probably far better at the job.

Edited by Minky

Well spoke too my firearms dept today explained on my 2nd extension as my licences ran out in January and was told still dealing with some November renewals so could be August/September time before sorted think I will be getting a 3rd extension at this rate