Jump to content

Vet rip off,


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I would have waited 3 days then cancelled the order, I assume you had a prescription that you had photo-copied, just send it to another online pharmacy. I ordered my current tablets on Saturday morning and they were on the doorstep Tuesday morning from Vet Uk.

So would I .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I would have waited 3 days then cancelled the order, I assume you had a prescription that you had photo-copied, just send it to another online pharmacy. I ordered my current tablets on Saturday morning and they were on the doorstep Tuesday morning from Vet Uk.

Very easy to say in hindsight but cancel the order and then what? With no other suppliers and unknown time until delivery. If I had money I would not mess about with online drugs again. I called them many times but their phone lines are only open infrequently.

Edited by WalkedUp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dougy said:

Our pets dont pay national insurance like we do other wise consultations and treatment would be cheaper. 


On the one hand, people in this country are totally spoilt when it comes to Human medical care. 
 

They have no idea what any sort of procedure costs. 
 

 

Edited by Lloyd90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

They have no idea what any sort of procedure costs

This is absolutely true, medical care is not cheap. 

My biggest problem with vets is that they maximise profits and let the welfare of the animal slide. 

In my town none of the vets are open 24 hours to cut cost. 

This means that when my cat had major surgery 2 hours after the operation they called me to come pick him up. I had asked them are they sure this is ok they said it will be absolutely fine. 

I got home and within 2 min my can started attacking his surgery site he was in pain and disoriented from the anesthesia wearing off. 

I had to physically restrain him to rush him to an emergency vets. £150 just to walk in the door. 

By the time I got there I was covered in blood mine and his because he was attacking me to.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 1Ab said:

This is absolutely true, medical care is not cheap. 

My biggest problem with vets is that they maximise profits and let the welfare of the animal slide. 

In my town none of the vets are open 24 hours to cut cost. 

This means that when my cat had major surgery 2 hours after the operation they called me to come pick him up. I had asked them are they sure this is ok they said it will be absolutely fine. 

I got home and within 2 min my can started attacking his surgery site he was in pain and disoriented from the anesthesia wearing off. 

I had to physically restrain him to rush him to an emergency vets. £150 just to walk in the door. 

By the time I got there I was covered in blood mine and his because he was attacking me to.

 

They had a duty of care ,which it sounds like they failed on ,did you discuss this with them or the Royal college ,was the emergency vet that you went to from the same practice? 
My surgery has an emergency number which is expensive but very efficient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stopped paying for insurance many years ago cos as the dogs got older and more likely to need vets service  the less cover they had.And when I did have insurance and used it the premium went up by two thirds. At the time I was paying £36 a month for 3 dogs when I cancelled the direct debit I just saved the same amount every month and bought premium bonds that was twenty odd years ago so now I have a small pot of money I draw from to help pay for any vets fees other than the yearly check up and jabs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just called my vet to see the cost of loxicom which they had given a 10ml bottle for ongoing pain, another 10ml would be £39.87.

A quick look online and 100ml yes 100ml is £10.50 and £3.49 for express delivery. I will pick up the prescription from the vets on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, holloway said:

They had a duty of care ,which it sounds like they failed on ,did you discuss this with them or the Royal college ,was the emergency vet that you went to from the same practice? 
My surgery has an emergency number which is expensive but very efficient.

The emergency vets are a different practice they where very good and the next morning gave me back the cat and told me to take it back to my vets and have a stern chat with them as this should not have happened. In our town we have quite a few vets and they all stoped operating 24 hours. 

They all use the emergency vets as a hub for overnight care. 

I did go back to my vets fuming and guns blazing and their response was they where trying to save me money because an overnight stay would have cost me £600 I then told them the overnight stay I just payed for was £300. So I said which is it then they responded with sending me to they customer relations pr person. 

The real kicker is they don't have an ambulance so even if they would have sent my cat to the 24h vets after surgery I would have still had to pick up the cat and drive it there myself.

It would have been a disaster if the episode would of happened in the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My friend recently took her Guinea Pig to the vets, knowing that it was dying through old age. By the time she actually spoke to the vet, it had died. The vet checked it's pulse and said, Yep, it's dead. Price - £51:00 thank you very much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/05/2022 at 15:47, Rewulf said:

Had this last year with my partners sprocker, changed from an energetic 11 year old into an unpredictable barky mess within a few months, sometimes staring at the wall for half an hour at a time.
When he collapsed , the vet was quite honest about his condition, and suggested some steroids, but it would only prolong his life a few months, which they did , like a 2 year old at first, but they stopped working after a while , and he had to have his last walk a few months later.
Its shocking how fast it comes on.

Was the same with my oldest lab in January, just lying out in the cold run barking to himself so let him go as there were other things to that pointed to the fact he was not enjoying life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Very easy to say in hindsight but cancel the order and then what? With no other suppliers and unknown time until delivery. If I had money I would not mess about with online drugs again. I called them many times but their phone lines are only open infrequently.

Totally agree with the hindsight remark, but you may have chosen a poor online pharmacy? Try VetUk next time, you could have bought a few days supply from your vet to tide you over? Not having a go and I know what it's like when you have an animal in pain, but there are options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...