Storage of friends guns

If you’re having them for storage you should have some paperwork to say that you can sell them in the event of his death/ unable to get a license renewal 

this may sound severe but as you never mentioned the reason for storage I’m assuming ill health or messy divorce and he wants them out of the house 

different if he gifts them or sells them to you 

hope this will help 

Lodged is the term you need. 

Write them on your ticket and inform with same details you do when buying or selling. 

He must do the same declaring them lodged. 

When they are returned all you need to do then is inform them with the sane list saying they've been returned. 

He must do the same saying he now has possession. 

If he is no longer keeping them then sold is the best term to enter. 

But be aware they may come back and ask why although there's no need to tell them. 

I did the same for my mate when he moved house and awaited a visit to check security. 

I have done just this within the last week. A friend is giving up due to the general hassle of renewing his Certificate.  We have sold one of his shotguns in a private sale. The remaining gun his Son wants to keep. As his Son does not have a certificate, I am keeping the gun until such times as his Son can legally own it. I have entered it on my Certificate and notified my relevant Force of my ownership of the gun. I also entered my details on his Certificate, classing it as a 'gift'. I also gave him a photocopy of my Certificate and advised him to contact his FEO and inform them of the transaction. This has been sufficient to satisfy both Forces of the transaction. 

1 hour ago, clay shooter said:

Write them onto my certificate as bought do I write on his then sold or what

Whether they’re loaned, sold or given, HE has to enter all the details on your ticket. You don’t write on your own, apart from when you sign it! 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

Whether they’re loaned, sold or given, HE has to enter all the details on your ticket. You don’t write on your own, apart from when you sign it! 

Ahhh. 

My bad should have explained better. 

I did say the same as when buying or selling. 

From experience, if you are storing a friends guns then you could use the "shared" option on licences also. This gives the storer and Police visibility on their licence as it goes over the 72 hours and it's not a loaned gun. But, the original owner (assuming they have a licence but cannot currently store) can carry the gun around with more ease as it's on their licence also (think of stop/checks roadside). Also if you wanted to go abroad with a gun a friend stores for you, it's on your licence.

As you can see there's a few ways, but my home force suggested the "shared" option. When it moved permanently we did the online paperwork to say the sharing was stopping and moving fully to 1 person.

I did it for a plumb at work who (allegedly) didn't get a reminder to renew his SGC. He wrote the three shotguns onto my certificate and both he & i informed our licensing. 2.5 years later he still didn't reapply so i sold them as i had no use for them.

Licensing dont care where they are provided they're secured with a responsible person.