Glue for brittle plastic

paul1966

My bonnet lock failed on my ford cmax, i got a 3rd party replacement but it did not fit as ford in there wisdom used a slightly longer lock on my car. A ford replacement is £102 and copies are non existent, so I am thinking of repairing mine! now i had to break the lock to open the bonnet so its in a bad way.

Basically i need to glue these two pieces together--

DSC_0495.JPG.0fa1563f0d95d67a5d115055b616bd94.JPG 

and when they are glued together i need to glue this--

s-l500.jpg.a2498e6d9cbbea7588527a5e39a61d96.jpg

into the end of this--

DSC_0498.JPG.0fe5c0cb96312c1d0d23a8c201698921.JPG

I will probably fail miserably but if it only costs a tenner for some glue its got to be worth a try.

I have used JB weld before with great success but not on plastic but it does state you can glue plastics with it, any other glues worth looking at?  Or shall I give it up as a bad idea and continue using a long screwdriver to open the bonnet!

It's a bit belt and braces, but I would glue it and then use a plastic welder, which inserts bent wires into the plastic. If you know someone with one - piece of cake. I used mine on my granddaughters front bumper. Out of 12 fixing points on her plastic bumper, she managed to break 11. Went back a treat.