"im mainly .........."

ditchman

love looking at the culenary skills other people post...all mouthwatering.....

being on my own i like to cook what i fancy....i love homemade curries (lamb and beef and fish)....casseroles...stews etc...

but every now and then my stomach says "ENOUGH"............so i go for something simple ...like sardines on toast with vinegar and white pepper or nice scrambled egg with milk and cream ....

but yesterday i broke out my mums old egg poacher...i also had some nice butcher made plain sausages with lots of crumb in them and no bloody herbs

so i put them in a frying pan and fried them very very slowly...popped the poacher on the cooker ..added knob of butter to 3 of the egg holders and a twist of black pepper   3 barn fresh eggs.......5 mins...on toast with a sprinkle of maldon salt and white pepper ...made some colmans powder mustard up added bangers

AWSOME............just soooo simple and very tasty

28 minutes ago, ditchman said:

love looking at the culenary skills other people post...all mouthwatering.....

being on my own i like to cook what i fancy....i love homemade curries (lamb and beef and fish)....casseroles...stews etc...

but every now and then my stomach says "ENOUGH"............so i go for something simple ...like sardines on toast with vinegar and white pepper or nice scrambled egg with milk and cream ....

but yesterday i broke out my mums old egg poacher...i also had some nice butcher made plain sausages with lots of crumb in them and no bloody herbs

so i put them in a frying pan and fried them very very slowly...popped the poacher on the cooker ..added knob of butter to 3 of the egg holders and a twist of black pepper   3 barn fresh eggs.......5 mins...on toast with a sprinkle of maldon salt and white pepper ...made some colmans powder mustard up added bangers

AWSOME............just soooo simple and very tasty

A man after my own heart... im a big fan of white pepper!

What way do you like sausages made? I find a lot of them, especially supermarket ones but increasingly in some butchers the meat is almost liquified in the skins, i prefer a slightly more course texture myself 

Just now, Rob85 said:

A man after my own heart... im a big fan of white pepper!

What way do you like sausages made? I find a lot of them, especially supermarket ones but increasingly in some butchers the meat is almost liquified in the skins, i prefer a slightly more course texture myself 

like my sausages with plenty of crumb in them........they tend to be "non-EU complient"...........like fish cakes

I love a good poached egg!

Tell you what’s very tasty and very simple Ditchy when you’re on your own.
Chicken breast, slice it partly through, spoon in Philadelphia soft cheese then seal it all back together with three tightly wrapped rashers of good back bacon. Surround it with veg in a baking tray, splash of sunflower oil and shove in the oven. Lish! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Chicken breast, slice it partly through, spoon in Philadelphia soft cheese then seal it all back together with three tightly wrapped rashers of good back bacon. Surround it with veg in a baking tray, splash of sunflower oil and shove in the oven. Lish! 🙂

ive heard of that before......sounds nice and tasty and easy.........i will have a go at that..:good:

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I do similar but stuff it with either chopped mushrooms and a bit of butter, or Paxo type ready made stuffing, or a mix of both!

6 hours ago, Scully said:

My wife cooks me that too, but with Boursin for the filler, cus we likes a little 'erbs n garlic.

Boned out stuffed chicken thighs, rather than breast, though.

Edited by amateur

1 minute ago, amateur said:

My wife cooks me that too, but with Boursin for the filler, cus we likes a little 'erbs n garlic

Yeah, that sounds a good choice too. 
I put more than I can possibly get in the cavity as when it cooks the cheese often oozes out, and then I just add a few gravy granules and stir the base; add a little water and it makes for a tasty cheesy gravy. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Yeah, that sounds a good choice too. 
I put more than I can possibly get in the cavity as when it cooks the cheese often oozes out, and then I just add a few gravy granules and stir the base; add a little water and it makes for a tasty cheesy gravy. 

Cheesy gravy?

Sounds like Putin.

Poutine, Putin, whatever