Threats from the EU

Walker570

What a bunch of watsers.  Simple response check the labels and do not buy anything from EU countries. Job done.  They are so far up their own backsides they cannot see simple responses. BUT will the British populace respond or will they still go and buy wine from france/Germany, Audi cars etc etc etc.  Doubt it very much.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What a bunch of watsers.  Simple response check the labels and do not buy anything from EU countries. Job done.  They are so far up their own backsides they cannot see simple responses. BUT will the British populace respond or will they still go and buy wine from france/Germany, Audi cars etc etc etc.  Doubt it very much.

whats all this about................

29 minutes ago, ditchman said:

whats all this about................

Dunno but but could be summat to do with the irish debarcle . 

Probably makron got some spare time on his paper round. 

Or queen Ursula poking the fire after some more 5 star travel

Edited by mellors
More info

17 minutes ago, London Best said:

Send a gunboat!

be much more fun if we could develope a bacteria that would be entirly selective in effecting. the muscles of the sphinter muscle.of all EU MP's...that would result in explosive squitters...at the most inoportune moments ....with no known cure.....

that would focus their minds

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

be much more fun if we could develope a bacteria that would be entirly selective in effecting. the muscles of the sphinter muscle.of all EU MP's...that would result in explosive squitters...at the most inoportune moments ....with no known cure.....

A nasty case of Ecolon ( Also known as Paroxysmal Euro Colon or PEC) :lol:

From a personal perspective, the protocol is the reason why my car parts bill is still reasonable. Without it I would be paying 2 to 3 times the price. Some people would cut their nose off to spite their face for the sake of political ideology. If the DUP gets their way, the cost of living will soar for people living here. The protocol works, so it should be left well alone. I certainly didn't vote for the DUP to hold the people here to ransom until they get what they want, and I'm pretty sure that those who did vote for the DUP didn't vote them in so that they could cause another stalemate situation. People voted for them so that they would get back to work and sort the bigger problems out. People are struggling to eat and heat their homes, and some are actually dying whilst waiting for hospital beds, but the DUP is more worried about identity than anything else. It's a disgrace. They should take their position in local government and sort the real issues. So much for representing the people. I don't even think the people realise just how much the removal of the protocol would affect them.

8 hours ago, Cannon said:

From a personal perspective, the protocol is the reason why my car parts bill is still reasonable. Without it I would be paying 2 to 3 times the price. Some people would cut their nose off to spite their face for the sake of political ideology. If the DUP gets their way, the cost of living will soar for people living here. The protocol works, so it should be left well alone. I certainly didn't vote for the DUP to hold the people here to ransom until they get what they want, and I'm pretty sure that those who did vote for the DUP didn't vote them in so that they could cause another stalemate situation. People voted for them so that they would get back to work and sort the bigger problems out. People are struggling to eat and heat their homes, and some are actually dying whilst waiting for hospital beds, but the DUP is more worried about identity than anything else. It's a disgrace. They should take their position in local government and sort the real issues. So much for representing the people. I don't even think the people realise just how much the removal of the protocol would affect them.

If I'm honest I admit I don't know what any of it is about. Can I change it? No, so I don't worry about it.

43 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

If I'm honest I admit I don't know what any of it is about. Can I change it? No, so I don't worry about it.

I said the same to my OH last night whilst watching the news. Even after the reporter had explained it I still didn’t understand it. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

AGAIN!!!   Now your talkin'

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

I said the same to my OH last night whilst watching the news. Even after the reporter had explained it I still didn’t understand it. 🤷‍♂️

talk about not understanding stuff.........

recently..we had a card thro the door about the change of date for bin collections.....it was colour coded.....5 columns per date......i have worked out it has been changed from wed-thursday.......but what the collections are for and canbe different each week ...........it is atotal unfathomable **** up.........so im back to what everyone else does either put all the bins out and they can take their pick ....or wait until next door puts their bin out......some weeks they will empty both bins the way i read it........

why the hell do people make things so complicated !!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

How would you be paying three times as much for running your car ?  I'm not being awkward but would seriously like to know how cost would be different in NI to what it is here in Leicestershire.   My grouse is that these basically unelected by us, idiots sucking on the front sows teet, as my grandfather used to say can threaten us.

How would the removal affect people in NI because we are not being told that?

10 hours ago, Cannon said:

The protocol works, so it should be left well alone.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but I for one don't agree.  It's a nonsense that should never have been agreed to, but we are where we are.   Hopefully we will finally grow a pair and tell the EU to commit an act normally considered a biological impossibility.  The people of NI are currently experiencing taxation without representation, and that isn't right in a functioning democracy.

54 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but I for one don't agree.  It's a nonsense that should never have been agreed to, but we are where we are.   Hopefully we will finally grow a pair and tell the EU to commit an act normally considered a biological impossibility.  The people of NI are currently experiencing taxation without representation, and that isn't right in a functioning democracy.

Its a typical case of trying to make the unworkable function. It simply cannot be done, fortunately in this case we voted for the chaos we are now trying to make work. A complete nonsense.

Edited by oowee

All the fault of John Major and his pack of hyenas and he got a knighthood........... another farce?

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

Would not have cased a problem maybe if we had kept out of it?

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

recently..we had a card thro the door about the change of date for bin collections.....it was colour coded.....5 columns per date......i have worked out it has been changed from wed-thursday.......but what the collections are for and canbe different each week ...........it is atotal unfathomable **** up.........so im back to what everyone else does either put all the bins out and they can take their pick ....or wait until next door puts their bin out......some weeks they will empty both bins the way i read it........

Bull dung baffles brains.....simples?

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

proberly got some young kid fresh out of Uni with a first in Cluster-**** ology.........working as a clerk

Speaking from more than two decades of seeing these things organised,  this is exactly how it will have been done.

You shouldn't feel bad about not understanding it though , because the folks doing the organising and collecting won't understand it either. 

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

😄 Get yourself some felt tip pens and make up your own colours! 👍

15 hours ago, Cannon said:

This is the first I've heard about it, does it just effect NI?

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

why the hell do people make things so complicated !!!!!!

It'll be someone's clever idea to maximise efficiency,  while achieving nothing,  it normally means they work in an office and haven't done anything practical. 

Happy to say our bins get done every Monday,  waste one week,  recycling the next, simple.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

This is the first I've heard about it, does it just effect NI?

It'll be someone's clever idea to maximise efficiency,  while achieving nothing,  it normally means they work in an office and haven't done anything practical. 

Happy to say our bins get done every Monday,  waste one week,  recycling the next, simple.

and that is how it has always been..............until i moved here 

People are struggling to eat and heat their homes, and some are actually dying whilst waiting for hospital beds,

The politicians in NI have had 20 years to sort out the NHS, do you seriously think if Stormont was up and running tomorrow it would make any difference :hmm:

All the political parties in NI say it needs changes made to it including Sinn Fein. 

People voted for them so that they would get back to work and sort the bigger problems out. 

The DUP made it clear to its voters that whey wold not return to power sharing until the issues with the Protocol were sorted out, so i am not sure how you state people voted for them to get back to work in Stormont. 

Without it I would be paying 2 to 3 times the price. Some people would cut their nose off to spite their face for the sake of political ideology.

Like Sinn Fein did when they brought the Assembly for 3 years when Michelle O'Neill was health minister, I doubt IF that helped the NHS in NI. 

From a personal perspective, the protocol is the reason why my car parts bill is still reasonable. Without it I would be paying 2 to 3 times the price. Some people would cut their nose off to spite their face for the sake of political ideology. 

Car parts cheaper in NI, how do you figure out you would be paying 2 to 3 times the price if it wasn't for the protocol.  

I don't even think the people realise just how much the removal of the protocol would affect them.

By that i assume you know, so how would it affect them.

Edited by ordnance

18 hours ago, Cannon said:

My mum can't bring her dog when she comes to visit us in Scotland without vets visits bith directions, pet passports etc.

For a visit to another part of the UK. 🤬