Threats from the EU

Walker570

16 minutes ago, Nial said:

My mum can't bring her dog when she comes to visit us in Scotland without vets visits bith directions, pet passports etc.

For a visit to another part of the UK. 🤬

But on the bright side for some reason, apparently car parts are cheaper in NI. Back in the real world. ( Quote Marks & Spencer chairman Archie Norman has warned that its Northern Ireland customers will see higher prices and less choice if European Union customs rules are implemented later this year as planned ) 

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ordnance said:

But on the bright side for some reason, apparently car parts are cheaper in NI. Back in the real world. ( Quote Marks & Spencer chairman Archie Norman has warned that its Northern Ireland customers will see higher prices and less choice if European Union customs rules are implemented later this year as planned ) 

Tell me where I said that car parts were cheaper in the North of Ireland vs anywhere else? I didn't. I buy my car parts from Europe, which comes with a lot of benefits being in the single market for goods. Back to the real world? Still cutting and pasting from Google? Not surprised Mr. Black.

33 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Tell me where I said that car parts were cheaper in the North of Ireland vs anywhere else? I didn't. I buy my car parts from Europe, which comes with a lot of benefits being in the single market for goods. Back to the real world? Still cutting and pasting from Google? Not surprised Mr. Black.

Try reading my post again, I didn't say you posted car parts were cheaper in the Northern Ireland vs anywhere else. What you did say was ( Quote Cannon  Without it I would be paying 2 to 3 times the price ) Have you any examples ?   PS Mister Black 😕

Edited by ordnance

45 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I think marks n Spencer are going to suffer more from the general price increases because of the rampant inflation. They are deluded if they think many people do their full weekly shop in Marks n Spencer. Most of their stuff is WAY over priced as it is.

They can keep their stuff from the EU. I could care less.

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

But the UK held a referendum on being in the European Union of which the single market is a part, we voted to leave so why should NI effectively remain in, while the rest of the country leaves? 

Edited by 12gauge82

8 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

But the UK held a referendum on being in the European Union of which the single market is a part, we voted to leave so why should NI effectively remain in, while the rest of the country leaves? 

Because our leader knew that would be the situation post Brexit the alternative being more conflict. Apparently (according to the Brexiteers) there was a neat solution to the problem. Unfortunately it evaporated along with the promised Brexit benefits. 

12 hours ago, Nial said:

My mum can't bring her dog when she comes to visit us in Scotland without vets visits bith directions, pet passports etc.

For a visit to another part of the UK. 🤬

Another example of being destroyed from within? Division, confusion and greed?

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Because our leader knew that would be the situation post Brexit the alternative being more conflict. Apparently (according to the Brexiteers) there was a neat solution to the problem. Unfortunately it evaporated along with the promised Brexit benefits. 

Im not sure the brexiteers thought there was a neat solution, I'm a brexiteer and my opinion is we should tell the EU to do one. If they put a border been north and south that's up to Ireland and the EU but we certainly shouldn't have one in the Irish sea, NI is part of the UK, not the EU club. 

22 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Im not sure the brexiteers thought there was a neat solution, I'm a brexiteer and my opinion is we should tell the EU to do one. If they put a border been north and south that's up to Ireland and the EU but we certainly shouldn't have one in the Irish sea, NI is part of the UK, not the EU club. 

That will result in deaths do you want that?

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

Will it?   Then the Irish would have to sort that out as I doubt the Numpties in Brussels would be any help . They are struggling to agree on what help to give Ukraine having sold themselves down the river to Russia.

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Correct. This will be the border in the Irish Sea that the DUP decided that as they'd rejected May's proposed deal they accept as part of Johnson's deal. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Johnson has a majority of near eighty in Parliament. May didn't. So Johnson doesn't need the DUP but he will need the USA if he wants those supposed easy trade deal with America as it isn't Biden who has the power it is reserved to Congress not the President.

The "Irish American" lobby "on the Hill" is powerful as is the Jewish lobby and is/was the NRA. The ship of the DUP having any clout over the British Prime Minister sailed with May's exist and Johnson's defeat of Corbyn. Johnson doesn't need them but he does, desperately, need a US trade deal. Which means all those "Irish American" Congressmen and Congresswomen and Senators get to say "No". Guess who's going to be thrown under the bus? They are saying now in Northern Ireland that the initials DUP stand for DUP = Don't Understand Politics.

Edited by enfieldspares

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

If , in the unlikely event that the EU put a border up between North and South, those deaths would be whose fault ?
The UK gov, has always said it would not put any border infrastructure up, so the EU would be forcing the Irish into isolation, thats if they paid any heed to the new rules, which again , I find highly unlikely...
The situation as it stands is causing far more tension, it needs to change.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

If , in the unlikely event that the EU put a border up between North and South, those deaths would be whose fault ?
The UK gov, has always said it would not put any border infrastructure up, so the EU would be forcing the Irish into isolation, thats if they paid any heed to the new rules, which again , I find highly unlikely...
The situation as it stands is causing far more tension, it needs to change.

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Will it?   Then the Irish would have to sort that out as I doubt the Numpties in Brussels would be any help . They are struggling to agree on what help to give Ukraine having sold themselves down the river to Russia.

We agreed no border under the good fri agreement. We agreed free movement. Its the UK that wants to change the situation.  

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

We agreed no border under the good fri agreement. We agreed free movement. Its the UK that wants to change the situation.  

Thats clearly not true is it , WE arent proposing a (hard) border, and WE are not proposing stopping free movement , or trade.

The EU are saying , that if the protocol is revoked , all these things MUST happen.
So my case stands, the EU  is the issue here, because they have GOT to have their protectionist trade borders (That only exist where it suits them)

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thats clearly not true is it , WE arent proposing a (hard) border, and WE are not proposing stopping free movement , or trade.

The EU are saying , that if the protocol is revoked , all these things MUST happen.
So my case stands, the EU  is the issue here, because they have GOT to have their protectionist trade borders (That only exist where it suits them)

And we are happy with free movement?

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

And we are happy with free movement?

Do we have a choice ? :lol:

You think anything but free movement between North and Southern Ireland is going to work ?
We know this, the Irish know this, the EU knows this , yet still they threaten that hard border, because EU rules are EU rules, except when theyre not, like in Ukraine, Albania, Switzerland....... I could go on , but you get the drift.

I must say Im feeling a bit nostalgic with a good old Brexit debate 😏

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Do we have a choice ? :lol:

You think anything but free movement between North and Southern Ireland is going to work ?
We know this, the Irish know this, the EU knows this , yet still they threaten that hard border, because EU rules are EU rules, except when theyre not, like in Ukraine, Albania, Switzerland....... I could go on , but you get the drift.

I must say Im feeling a bit nostalgic with a good old Brexit debate 😏

:lol: Still waiting for it to be sorted. Meanwhile I am moving to Turkey. Good time to buy 🙂 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

Still waiting for it to be sorted. Meanwhile I am moving to Turkey. Good time to buy 🙂 

Good for you, Im off to Olu Deniz next month, love Turkey.

Cost of living seems to have gone up over there though.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm one too  and knew we were in trouble when I saw who was involved from our lot?

It was obvious from the outset that they would try to undermine our economy and we have let them?

41 minutes ago, Rewulf said:love Turkey.

love Turkey.

I went to Turkey.
Not the holiday Turkey, on the coast, but hunting in the mountains down towards the Syrian border.

I will never set foot in the place again. The Turks are absolute untrustworthy, lying shysters. And I’m not soppy, but I don’t like the way the ******** treat their dogs and donkeys.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

It was a red herring to get concessions from the UK, If Boris and the UK government had not surrendered NI to the EU they would have come up with some other solution. Who was going to put this hard border in place, no Irish government would or could put in place a hard border.