Threats from the EU

Walker570

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I went to Turkey.
Not the holiday Turkey, on the coast, but hunting in the mountains down towards the Syrian border.

I will never set foot in the place again. The Turks are absolute untrustworthy, lying shysters. And I’m not soppy, but I don’t like the way the ******** treat their dogs and donkeys.

How long ago? 

The further east you go in Turkey, the more errr, Islamic it gets, even the difference between Fethiye and Antalya is noticeable. 

The area you're describing sounds pretty wild, and a bit rough for my liking 😁

6 hours ago, oowee said:

That will result in deaths do you want that?

No I don't, but it won't be mine or the UK's fault if Ireland and the EU decides to put a border in, the UK is now a sovereign nation again, who the hell are the EU to dictate we put virtual borders within our own country. 

Here's a question, why do you never criticise the EU? They have been nothing but difficult and hostile towards the UK and yet you blame the UK and our government for all the problems. 

3 hours ago, old man said:

I'm one too  and knew we were in trouble when I saw who was involved from our lot?

It was obvious from the outset that they would try to undermine our economy and we have let them?

Very true that 👍

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Do you mean with Ireland?

If so we have had free movement with Ireland, long before the EU!

Also spot on. 

No I don't, but it won't be mine or the UK's fault if Ireland and the EU decides to put a border in, the UK is now a sovereign nation again, who the hell are the EU to dictate we put virtual borders within our own country. 

True and that's what the EU should have told, it was a bluff to get concessions, who was going to set up a hard border on the Island of Ireland. The British government no, the Irish government no, the EU no. 

Edited by ordnance

11 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Correct, amazingly short memories they possess?

12 hours ago, clangerman said:

this is full square gumps fault we seen none of the promised benefits still using the eu corner shop now this why? because the gov never wanted to leave so made sure it was in name only face it we have been mugged over yet again! 

Actually, the situation in NI is thresa Mays fault, she set the wheels in motion for the issues now faced there. For me Brexit isn't delivered until the situation over their is resolved, we voted as one country and with NI being treated as part of the EU whilst the rest of the UK has left is totally unacceptable imo. 

Iceland left the EU and reclaimed their fishing grounds which were leased back with qoutas The Scottish trawlers had to be scrapped under EU rules costing Scotland jobs in all fishing sectors yet Sturgeon forgets this in her ambition to join the EU which would cause the same problem as in N.I How does Turkeys border control work for goods passing from non EU country to the single bloc? Or Albania ? Northern Cyprus ? Both have borders with EU. Are there problems? Just the EU flexing its muscles to show  any one else that has  seen the EU,s dictatorship feathers ruffled that leaving is not in thier remit and wont be allowed

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Actually, the situation in NI is thresa Mays fault, she set the wheels in motion for the issues now faced there. For me Brexit isn't delivered until the situation over their is resolved, we voted as one country and with NI being treated as part of the EU whilst the rest of the UK has left is totally unacceptable imo. 

Agree. The people in NI that voted for Brexit and helped the UK leave the EU, voted on the basis of all the UK leaving on the same terms, they were betrayed. 

On 19/05/2022 at 13:07, Scully said:

I said the same to my OH last night whilst watching the news. Even after the reporter had explained it I still didn’t understand it. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think you're meant to understand, thing are often worded that way just so we cannot know what exactly is going on, anyhow I've got my car to fix (Fiat 500) 

12 hours ago, armsid said:

Iceland left the EU and reclaimed their fishing grounds which were leased back with qoutas The Scottish trawlers had to be scrapped under EU rules costing Scotland jobs in all fishing sectors yet Sturgeon forgets this in her ambition to join the EU which would cause the same problem as in N.I How does Turkeys border control work for goods passing from non EU country to the single bloc? Or Albania ? Northern Cyprus ? Both have borders with EU. Are there problems? Just the EU flexing its muscles to show  any one else that has  seen the EU,s dictatorship feathers ruffled that leaving is not in thier remit and wont be allowed

Spot on 👍

17 hours ago, ordnance said:

Agree. The people in NI that voted for Brexit and helped the UK leave the EU, voted on the basis of all the UK leaving on the same terms, they were betrayed. 

The majority of people in the North of Ireland voted to remain in the EU, so how exactly were they betrayed? Do you not think the people here know best for themselves? Or are you happy for westminster to keep ******* on us and telling us it's raining? Why would you want to stay loyal to a country that treats you like second class citizens and betrays you at every opportunity? It's like the Smithers and Mr. Burns relationship in the Simpsons. No matter how badly Smithers (representing the unionist community in the North of Ireland) gets treated by Mr. Burns (representing westminster), Smithers sticks around because he doesn't respect himself enough to walk away from the abusive relationship.

The easiest solution to all of this is to end the partition of Ireland. To the English we're all 'Paddys' here anyway, and we are seen as a drain on resources to them. A United Ireland is a matter of when and not if.

The majority of people in the North of Ireland voted to remain in the EU, so how exactly were they betrayed? 

It was a UK vote,  and i said that the people in ( NI that voted for Brexit ) were betrayed. Try to keep up :rolleyes:

The easiest solution to all of this is to end the partition of Ireland. To the English we're all 'Paddys' here anyway, and we are seen as a drain on resources to them. A United Ireland is a matter of when and not if.

The end of the world is only a matter of when not if, but people are free to dream. Some even dream of getting car parts 3 times cheaper from the EU than GB. 

Edited by ordnance

31 minutes ago, ordnance said:

It was a UK vote,  and i said that the people in NI that voted for Brexit were betrayed. Try to keep up :rolleyes:

The end of the world is only a matter of when not if, but people are free to dream. Some even dream of getting car parts 3 times cheaper from the EU than GB. 

Absolutely agree with this, particularly about NI being sold out, which is why I feel brexit isn't delivered until NI is treated the same as the rest of the UK. 

6 hours ago, ordnance said:

It was a UK vote,  and i said that the people in ( NI that voted for Brexit ) were betrayed. Try to keep up 

You're obviously not in the automotive trade. My car parts are at least 1/2 of what I would pay locally, and a lot of the time 1/3 of the price. I love how you ignored the rest of my post. Keep burying your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious. It's almost as if you enjoy getting burned by continually putting your hand in the fire and expecting a different result. 

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

You're obviously not in the automotive trade. My car parts are at least 1/2 of what I would pay locally, and a lot of the time 1/3 of the price. I love how you ignored the rest of my post. Keep burying your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious. It's almost as if you enjoy getting burned by continually putting your hand in the fire and expecting a different result. 

I don't think your getting the fact it was a nation wide vote and not about your personal circumstances. 

On 20/05/2022 at 20:27, ditchman said:

do you yearn to be back in the gud ole EU............

Certainly do. Just found out that if i take my dog to Europe on my boat I cannot bring him back home on the same boat. Apparently I must leave the boat in France, bring him home on a ferry, leave him here and then go back on the ferry to collect the boat. All of which eats into my 90 day stay allowance. Brexit really is a dogs dinner. :lol: Sooner we rejoin or find some new arrangements the better. 

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

Certainly do. Just found out that if i take my dog to Europe on my boat I cannot bring him back home on the same boat. Apparently I must leave the boat in France, bring him home on a ferry, leave him here and then go back on the ferry to collect the boat. All of which eats into my 90 day stay allowance. Brexit really is a dogs dinner.  Sooner we rejoin or find some new arrangements the better. 

It's just EU dogma. Thy hate us at the moment but just wait till thy need us for something.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Certainly do. Just found out that if i take my dog to Europe on my boat I cannot bring him back home on the same boat. Apparently I must leave the boat in France, bring him home on a ferry, leave him here and then go back on the ferry to collect the boat. All of which eats into my 90 day stay allowance. Brexit really is a dogs dinner. :lol: Sooner we rejoin or find some new arrangements the better. 

Is that something to do with rabies checks?

3 hours ago, dead eye alan said:

It's just EU dogma. Thy hate us at the moment but just wait till thy need us for something.

No it's UK dogma. All the hurdles are this side. I have the same with a refugee that has two cats that wants to come here but being blocked again by UK plc. 

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Is that something to do with rabies checks?

No idea. It just does not make sense that the dog can arrive by ferry but not by private boat. 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Simple , then don't go and don't take your dog.  It's a big world out there .

50 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I see what you did there 😏

Ive heard there are no checks if you arrive by rubber dinghy 😀 does your boat not have one, if you know what I mean ...

:lol: Now your onto something. I could get rescued by my favorite charity (RNLI) and not feel guilty.  

16 hours ago, Cannon said:

I didn't ignore the rest of your post, the world needs dreamers. But as long as you can get your car parts cheaper, all's well with the world.