Milbro guardian pcp

hafod

I bought one a fortnight ago

nice short rifle very handy in a tight spot or under cover in and around buildings etc

the picitinny rails are a nice touch and its regulated out of the box nice 

I was wondering if anyone has one becase mine vents all the pressure after it drops below 100 bar

fully charged to 200 bar it shoots fine and gives about 40 shots but.as I said mine vents all pressure once it drops below 100 bar 

I've been trying to get in touch with milbro without success it must be said just to confirm that is indeed supposed to do this 

Only I can't find out a lot about them on the net 

No thats fine no issues there

I would say the regulator is set to vent the pressure when it drops below 100bars It happens everytime

at first that's what i thought the ahh a seal issue not a very good start

but no fully charged to 200 bar she holds pressure cycles and fires 6 full mags fine 40 shots a nice little shooter if I'm honest 

It vents through the transfer port so it does not sound like a seal issue which is making me think the regulator is set to vent at a pre determined pressure of 100 bar.

THIS is the question I've asked the manufacturer milbro is if it's a design feature for this particular model and so far NO reply 

This is my only gripe I've got about it apart from the magazine being a bit lets say tempremntal to install but I,'ll live with that like i said I like it.

Not the best advert for customer service from them so far 

That's a fault .

No reg or gun is designed to dump all its air . Sounds to me like the spring that holds the firing valve closed is too weak . When the pressure is above 100 bar that pressure contributes to keeping it shut .below and it starts to let air through it .probably needs a stronger valve spring,and then more preload on your hammer spring to tap it open more to get the power level back up. 

I would pursue  milbro for a fix .if your paying for air your gonna be wasting a lot of it  .

Don't know who you have emailed but the importers SMK state they are trade only and all enquiries will be referred accordingly…

As others have said it sounds like a fault, why would the rifle need to discharge all the air once it gets to 100 bar?

12 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, try on Google for info, reviews, don't understand a full length weaver rail 🤔

Hello, I could only find one post on UK AGF for this rifle and that was a general write up, nothing about this fault, I would suggest return to RFD if in warranty, so they can send back to importers SMK, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Yeah bought it brand new 3 weeks ago tomorrow

well i,m not going to mess about with it and void the warranty so I think I,'ll be returning it to the shop I bought it from 

I quite fancy the hatsan AT44_10 in exchange 

2 minutes ago, hafod said:

Yeah bought it brand new 3 weeks ago tomorrow

well i,m not going to mess about with it and void the warranty so I think I,'ll be returning it to the shop I bought it from 

I quite fancy the hatsan AT44_10 in exchange 

Hello, they can be hit and miss getting a good one, who is your RFD ??

Yeah .that gun is broken if only doing 8 fpe .personally I'd avoid the hatsan also .

They don't seem to have the hammer /valve balanced properly.  And hence the velocity drops shot by shot .across the whole fill .

This was certainly  the case when I reviewed one years ago .but a recent utube vid (aar ) indicated they still have the same problem. Meaning longe range accuracy won't be achievable 

Yeah there's something wrong somewhere it will have to go back its a pity really because its a nice handy little rifle its surprising because it sounds as though it's really whacking the steel plate with authority 

Just an update 

Took the guardian back to to shop I bought it from steve the owner managed to talk to a guy called Ross at SMK 

he explained the problems with the gun depressurizing at 100 bar and the lack of FPE with him and sure enough he said it sounded as if it was a valve problem somewhere in the system 

So SMK said they would a arrange to collect it on Monday ( tomorrow ) and repair or send a replacement all very professional so far 

So watch this space lol l

So apparently its my claim to fame that i,m the first in the UK to send a faulty brand new guardian back to SMK for repair obviously i managed to buy a friday afternoon or monday morning assembled gun by the seem of things lol 

Do you want a repaired gun? You spent your money on a new gun and not a repaired one, within 30 days you have the right to return for a full refund or a new replacement - I would not accept a repair. This has nothing to do with SMK, this is between you and the supplying dealer, what he wants to do with your broken one is up to him. You have no contract with SMK.

Edited by bruno22rf

On 22/05/2022 at 17:46, bruno22rf said:

Do you want a repaired gun? You spent your money on a new gun and not a repaired one, within 30 days you have the right to return for a full refund or a new replacement - I would not accept a repair. This has nothing to do with SMK, this is between you and the supplying dealer, what he wants to do with your broken one is up to him. You have no contract with SMK.

Correct, if the repair is useless your buyers protection has gone presumably whereas with a new one it's renewed?

Your contract is  solely with the supplier.

Edited by old man

Exchange. I recently decided to give the ata airborne a go,and after taking back 3 times because I thought it would eventually get fixed (it didn't), I bought a s/h hw100 for a few quid more from the same shop.

I really wanted to try 'non mainstream' brands, but honestly the ******** I was getting fed as to why it was nackered put me right off from ever buying anything newly released again. 

3 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Exchange. I recently decided to give the ata airborne a go,and after taking back 3 times because I thought it would eventually get fixed (it didn't), I bought a s/h hw100 for a few quid more from the same shop.

I really wanted to try 'non mainstream' brands, but honestly the ******** I was getting fed as to why it was nackered put me right off from ever buying anything newly released again. 

There is a lot of wisdom in this .there are often new guns and brands on the market that promise loads. And if your lucky you can get a great gun that will be trouble  free for years  .the problem arises when there is a fault and no one has a clue (or parts ) how to fix it .the importers don't care they are box movers and the manufacturers  are on the other side of the planet and have no interest in you the end user .your 3 or 4 sales away from them .Flash in the pan gone tomorrow. Over the decades I've been into airguns ,I've seen hundreds  of new brands that have emerged and then disappeared  just as fast within a year or 2 .

But stick to a British brand and you can call Jeff , Eric or Emily in the UK and they will be much much more likely to WANT to solve your problem .

Please buy British  .

Air arms .bsa .daystate .brocock.

Its more  important  now than its ever been .

51 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

There is a lot of wisdom in this .there are often new guns and brands on the market that promise loads. And if your lucky you can get a great gun that will be trouble  free for years  .the problem arises when there is a fault and no one has a clue (or parts ) how to fix it .the importers don't care they are box movers and the manufacturers  are on the other side of the planet and have no interest in you the end user .your 3 or 4 sales away from them .Flash in the pan gone tomorrow. Over the decades I've been into airguns ,I've seen hundreds  of new brands that have emerged and then disappeared  just as fast within a year or 2 .

But stick to a British brand and you can call Jeff , Eric or Emily in the UK and they will be much much more likely to WANT to solve your problem .

Please buy British  .

Air arms .bsa .daystate .brocock.

Its more  important  now than its ever been .

I agree with buying British , but definitely not daystate or brocock both the same company . Customer service is probably the worst you can get , sorry not probably but the worst