Compressed Gas (air)

I was chatting to a friend of mine, who told me that his brother, a keen airgun shooter, was stopped by police on a routine check. He informed the officer that he had an air rifle (PCP) in the boot of his car, and duly showed this to the officer. He also had a 3ltr air cylinder in there as well. The police officer was okay but did mention that there should be a 'Compresses Gas 2' sign on the back window. Personally, I don't know if this is law, or something the officer just 'made up'. 

4 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

The police officer was okay but did mention that there should be a 'Compresses Gas 2' sign on the back window. Personally, I don't know if this is law, or something the officer just 'made up'. 

A quick google appears to indicate that only applies to commercial vehicles.

As I drive a pick up, I bought a magnetic one up for a few pounds off ebay and slap it on the back of my truck when I've got my 5l tank with me.  Sorted.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

A quick google appears to indicate that only applies to commercial vehicles.

As I drive a pick up, I bought a magnetic one up for a few pounds off ebay and slap it on the back of my truck when I've got my 5l tank with me.  Sorted.

I've got two bottles, a 7ltr and a new 3 ltr composite one, which I will take with me when going to the farm etc. Although I drive a non commercial vehicle, I'm thinking of sticking a sign on the back window anyway.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

I suppose I should also have a flag flying saying I have upwards of 80 ltrs of LPG then.  Joking apart it is not a bnad idea because if involved in an accident then any firebrigade members will know what to expect.

That's what I was thinking.

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Mind the inside of my Land Rover is far more hazardous than a compressed air bottle

piquant ?............mature with a hint of blueberry and overtones of oak chateaux layby..........what a good year bottoms were that year

Edited by ditchman

I've often thought I should have one, but the boot and back windows are all tinted. 

And I'm sure the fuel tank is enough to make them cautious,  but I also very rarely have the bottle in the car, just the rifle.

54 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

bought a magnetic one

Good idea

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

piquant ?............mature with a hint of blueberry and overtones of oak chateaux layby..........what a good year bottoms were that year

Your refering to the old Morris Minor , remember them you could push both front seat forward against the dash ?  Those where the days my friends and a few nights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 17:49, Walker570 said:

Your refering to the old Morris Minor , remember them you could push both front seat forward against the dash ?  Those where the days my friends and a few nights.

Bottoms up then Sir.