Monkeypox.....

ditchman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just imagine if they'd have war gamed this one in 2021, specifically an outbreak of Monkeypox just as they did with a Coronavirus outbreak and the SPARS pandemic exercise. The 'conspiracy theorists' would be having a field day.

Thankfully, there'$ a vaccine ju$t waiting in the wing$. Phew!

Edited by mick miller

Received a central reporting alert from UK Health Security Agency and Department of Health two days ago. Process for monkeypox if it is being considered as a clinical presentation. 'Immediate Actions In Response To Cases Of Monkeypox Virus In The UK With No Known Travel History'.

The monkeypox virus is usually mild in nature and for most will recover within a few weeks without treatment.

I see the media is touting it's 'pervasive' hysteria reporting. Already having patients come in the last few days who are absolutely convinced that they have it with little or no symptoms from what they have read in the papers.

I hate the media! 

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

Meh , it beats mange 😁.

Will have to get put down Mel! :lol:

Just now, mel b3 said:

Meh , it beats mange 😁.

i bet Lin runs you down and gets hold of the scruff of your neck to put your flee stuff on..:good:

and we all know where the doctor sticks his thermometer ...........(thats when the ole' ginger comes in handy boi :good:)

6 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Received a central reporting alert from UK Health Security Agency and Department of Health two days ago. Process for monkeypox if it is being considered as a clinical presentation. 'Immediate Actions In Response To Cases Of Monkeypox Virus In The UK With No Known Travel History'.

The monkeypox virus is usually mild in nature and for most will recover within a few weeks without treatment.

I see the media is touting it's 'pervasive' hysteria reporting. Already having patients come in the last few days who are absolutely convinced that they have it with little or no symptoms from what they have read in the papers.

I hate the media! 

Will have to get put down Mel! 

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i bet Lin runs you down and gets hold of the scruff of your neck to put your flee stuff on..:good:

and we all know where the doctor sticks his thermometer ...........(thats when the ole' ginger comes in handy boi :good:)

Last time I had fox mange , it went better on its own . Once the vet treated the dog , mine vanished over a couple of weeks. I did have a small patch of skin on my leg that would erupt now and again for a couple of years though.😁

The vet was a very nice chap , and popped round every Saturday night,  and took my temperature for free 😀

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Last time I had fox mange , it went better on its own . Once the vet treated the dog , mine vanished over a couple of weeks. I did have a small patch of skin on my leg that would erupt now and again for a couple of years though.😁

The vet was a very nice chap , and popped round every Saturday night,  and took my temperature for free 😀

:lol:

33 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

did you experience any inopotune swelling...?

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

I had a friend went to live, in a tree, with a monkey. In Nepal. What sort of a monkey was it I hear you ask? A female monkey of course! As there was nothing "odd" about my friend!

how strange............

3 minutes ago, Minky said:

My God.!  Have you seen the blistered effect of that pox.?  AND  if it is transmitted by CLOSE contact I  sure wouldn't want to get it transmitted to my bits.  Blimey.

best thing to do is always lock yer drill bits in the shed every night