S&P 500 Plunges Into Bear Market As Stocks Fall For Seventh Week In A Row...

mick miller

39 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

How many remember 89/90 crash ?  The world recovered.

Yes, a painful recovery with interest rates hitting over 15% over the following years. I remember being ready to throw the keys in at the building society if they went up again. Painful times, I’m pleased I’m mortgage free now. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

It was a great buying opportunity and there has been a few more since, yesterday was a unique day if you take a look at the graphs for the S&P, DJA & Nasdaq the plunge and the rebound was so vast it was impressive by anyone's standards thus it was one of the most historical profitable days for a select few

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, now's the time to buy ? 

Yes, no-one knows the the top and bottom is until it passes but there are some great value stocks out there for sure

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Hello, yes , Mortgage interest rates 👎

54 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

It was a great buying opportunity and there has been a few more since, yesterday was a unique day if you take a look at the graphs for the S&P, DJA & Nasdaq the plunge and the rebound was so vast it was impressive by anyone's standards thus it was one of the most historical profitable days for a select few

Yes, no-one knows the the top and bottom is until it passes but there are some great value stocks out there for sure

Hello, yes do you remember Poseidon mining ?

24 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep some are lucky some are not.  We had a lucky spell and sold our house two months before house prices crashed. It took the young builder 10 years to be able to sell it on after he had done some work on it.

Hello, I hope we never see that happen this time although young people trying to buy their first home now must be difficult, 

Well it happened last time through greed. I had fellow officers who changed houses every two years. They would visit a new housing project and put a deposit down and when the two year tax period on their present home was up they moved and did the same again and prices went up and up and up. Our home trebled in price in four years, then suddenly dropped below what we had initially paid for it. As said some folk are lucky and we were.

Hey, I didn't say we'd all be having to eat gruel and lick rainwater, its just a heads up. Seven weeks successive is unprecedented in recent times and worth keeping an eye on, despite all the Amber Heard shaped glove puppet stories that may or may not distract you.

The world has only got ten weeks worth of wheat left and Ukraine has not got a crop in the field for next year. Then there will be a global food shortage

Germany is preparing for gas rationing. Fuel shortages are predicted for diesel for the rest of the year

We are about to start a trade war with the EU

Things can only get worse. That's not being pessimistic that's a fact

It's only a matter of time before the great unwashed cotton on and start panic buying toilet rolls