Vinyl wrap a shotgun

mel b3

Hiya guys.

I've got an old .410 that I want to vinyl camo wrap . Has anyone ever done it ?, and did it last ?.

It's not worth getting dipped , and I'm not keen on camo tape.

Thanks in advance guys 👍.

8 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I managed to use like a camo duct tape on my remington 597, actually looked OK til eventually I got fed up with the look of it. Was a pain in the hoop to remove all the residue afterwards 

I've seen the camo gorilla tape . I just wanted something a little more permanent,  to avoid the sticky mess . I imagine that the tape would soon start to move if the gun was being carried on a warm day.

remove all the metal work ...use thinners and wire wool to degrease all the wood.....prespray with a rattle can.....then spray with olive drab 2 or 3 coats let it dry in the UV of the sun and re-assemble it...should look quite smart !!  ??

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

remove all the metal work ...use thinners and wire wool to degrease all the wood.....prespray with a rattle can.....then spray with olive drab 2 or 3 coats let it dry in the UV of the sun and re-assemble it...should look quite smart !!  ??

Just to expand on that you just reminded me, ever see the mark Wahlberg film Shooter? He does it well where he uses rattle cans and grabs leaves to use as masking to give the realtree type camo pattern on his sniper rifle. I had considered it on my remington as its now just a boring grey plastic stock

I sprayed an old mossberg 500 years ago . It looked great , but after a few hours walking the fields on a warm day , the paint around the pistol grip would start to get soft and sticky , and looked and felt awful . I eventually stripped it ( made a right mess) and put it back to original condition.

15 minutes ago, snow white said:

Ye yo will spake proper coming from Tipton mate I know coming from West Bromwich all the best with wrapping your gun

I've wasted half a day looking at the pros and cons of wrapping , painting , and dipping , I'd have been better off just buying a camo gun 😄.

1 hour ago, snow white said:

Can’t stand camo on guns or clothes why do you want to wrap it or change it’s looks

It's an old wreck of a gun that I bought as a project . I had a job in mind for it before I bought it.

I spend my life in camo 😁.