Webley & Scott 700 forend

Ttfjlc

Hi, does anyone have the wood part of the W & S 700 forend available? The screw head in mine had sheered off and the thread in the wood had split, cheers 

The only reason that I mentioned this was a few years ago a chap put his No.4 in a gun rack alongside my 700 and apart from some very minor differences, they were identical.

Screenshot_2022-05-22-20-25-59-183.jpg.1cb3bd3afa1b28ce5b9ab3fbd037444d.jpgScreenshot_2022-05-22-20-25-59-183.jpg.1cb3bd3afa1b28ce5b9ab3fbd037444d.jpg

2 hours ago, Westley said:

The AyA no.4 is a copy of the 700 is it worth a look at one of those  ?  There may be more of them about. Could it be made to fit  ?

I'm sure the no4 was based on Westley Richards boxlock, not the w&s 700.  Regards

Edited by benbobailey
Sp

As I have a Westley Richards and have had a Webley 700, I would say the AyA resembled the Webley. I did a side by side (2 guns, not barrel formation) comparison. The main difference being the replaceable hinge pin on the AyA and not on a Webley.

7 hours ago, Westley said:

As I have a Westley Richards and have had a Webley 700, I would say the AyA resembled the Webley. I did a side by side (2 guns, not barrel formation) comparison. The main difference being the replaceable hinge pin on the AyA and not on a Webley

Hello, the information and attachment I provided above was taken directly from the Aya website. Another obvious difference is the lack of disc set strikers on the 700, as opposed to the no4. Regardless I think it would be difficult and costly job to convert /swap forend. I hope the poster finds a satisfactory resolution. Cheers