Webley Falcon

royden

I have what i think is a very early Webley Falcon that i am having trouble finding open sights for. Unlike the rifle i owned years ago this one has no tapped hole on top of the breech block and is dovetailed to take the sight with a machined flat behind it that i think the adjusting screw would push against, I didnt realize it was different untill  i bought a new sight from John Knibbs that has a fixing screw as i expected. The exploded drawing on the Chambers site show an early rear sight that is described as obsolete . Does anyone know where else i could look for one or got one in a parts box they would part with. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your input gents. I didnt get to phoning Protek airguns oldypigeonpopper but i did go on their web site. My wife promptly confiscated my credit card when she looked over my shoulder. Very impressive site. In Hillers air rifle book it says that the foresight is possibly the same as the Mk 111 so i will call them tomorrow and ask them what they think. Thanks again.

7 hours ago, old'un said:

Possibly not, but without any pictures of the op rifle and dimensions of the dovetail the links are just a possibility.

1 hour ago, royden said:

Thanks for your input gents. I didnt get to phoning Protek airguns oldypigeonpopper but i did go on their web site. My wife promptly confiscated my credit card when she looked over my shoulder. Very impressive site. In Hillers air rifle book it says that the foresight is possibly the same as the Mk 111 so i will call them tomorrow and ask them what they think. Thanks again.

Hello, no problem, some months back I was looking for an old meteor rear sight, old farm rifle,   Protek sorted it with a copy job, a bit of filing and fitted, £6