Nurburgring anyone??

discobob

My lad is off to the 24hrs of Nurburgring this Saturday - first time he has been away without family or school - anybody been and have any advice on it - any gotcha's, costs on circuit for food  etc...

He has tickets to get in, he is meeting up with friends from Sweden and down south and they have an apartment booked and paid for

55 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Drinking alcohol and staying awake for 24 hours is hard work.

pick your vantage point

take phone and battery power pack ! 

Tell him enjoy him self he’s young !

Agriv8

He usually doesn't drink that much - but those Swedes can...

They have all driven the circuit multiple times (sim racers) so they will hopefully know the best places

He has two power packs with him - he should have enough power to last the trip - plus DE plug to USB adapters.

I really hope he does - but just in case I have the route already plotted in my SatNav :D

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Pictures on his phone of

food drink and toilet 

mid he isn’t multi lingual 

ear defenders it can be a tad noisy 

I have taught him Snell Imbis :D Bratti mit Pommes - Girros - eine bier bitter - nock eine bier bitter - the signs are pretty universal - but I have explained about damen and herren - although in this day and age he could get out of anything by self-identifying 😂

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

wave arms and shout in the traditional manner

Again - usually my job that one 😉

5 hours ago, discobob said:

I have taught him Snell Imbis :D Bratti mit Pommes - Girros - eine bier bitter - nock eine bier bitter - the signs are pretty universal - but I have explained about damen and herren - although in this day and age he could get out of anything by self-identifying 😂

Again - usually my job that one 😉

Another good one is

"Ich habe nűr ganz wenig Deutsch"

He will have an awesome time, I went to a 24hr endurance race at the ring when I was about 21 ish to watch my ex’s brother race….had an awesome time and got taken round the track by a racing driver too. From what I remember most people out there speak very good English so he should be fine, always good to use a bit of the native tongue if possible as it goes a long way. 

18 minutes ago, amateur said:

Another good one is

"Ich habe nűr ganz wenig Deutsch"

That’s a bit dwarf-ist isn’t it - goes with the bearded ladies @TIGHTCHOKEwas on about above 😂

1 minute ago, Spr1985 said:

He will have an awesome time, I went to a 24hr endurance race at the ring when I was about 21 ish to watch my ex’s brother race….had an awesome time and got taken round the track by a racing driver too. From what I remember most people out there speak very good English so he should be fine, always good to use a bit of the native tongue if possible as it goes a long way. 

Thanks for that - is that available (the lap) for anyone? The lad has done three sisters in an Aston and a 2 seater Atom. 
I have driven the ring on his sim-racing setup and that is a killer with direct drive!!

The racing driver that took me round was a friend of the ex’s family. But if memory serves me correctly they have what is called the “ring taxi” basically a passenger fast lap driven by a highly experienced local racing driver/track employee. When I was there it was Sabine schmitz, unfortunately she passed away a few years ago so won’t be her. I’d be very suprised if they no longer do it. 

just had a quick google and it’s changed a bit since I was there but this link will help 👍🏻

https://www.ringtaxi.com/en/prices-and-booking/

Edited by Spr1985
Edit to add link