Corvid Control on crop silage

Big Al

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Interesting post thankyou. Its worth putting some work into the hide. Shooting sitting down is never easy.

My hide poles are ****, which means most of my hides are also ****. I promise myself I will buy good ones some day, but you know how it is ......

As a side note, are there good ones to be had out there?

3 minutes ago, Big Al said:

My hide poles are ****, which means most of my hides are also ****. I promise myself I will buy good ones some day, but you know how it is ......

As a side note, are there good ones to be had out there?

Mine are the typical alloy ones with the plastic hooks on the top. Not great but they have lasted well. I use pegs and guys to help them out and I chuck a load of twigs and leaves and stuff into the net to help it blend in. I have a few hundred to shoot and they are wary now so I need all the help i can get :lol:. For me on the dairy farms the first hit counts the most and that will be at first light.

On 25/05/2022 at 22:00, oowee said:

Mine are the typical alloy ones with the plastic hooks on the top. Not great but they have lasted well. I use pegs and guys to help them out and I chuck a load of twigs and leaves and stuff into the net to help it blend in. I have a few hundred to shoot and they are wary now so I need all the help i can get :lol:. For me on the dairy farms the first hit counts the most and that will be at first light.

Cheers - I've ordered new hide poles which will help me a lot!