What is needed for taking guns abroad (Cyprus)

I rented a shotgun from a clay ground in Cyprus and it was awful, was almost falling apart. 

I would take my own, but only if I really needed it for something.

If it was just for shooting clays etc I would leave it.

You also need to ensure you have suitable storage when not using it etc?  

I would want the accommodation to have gun cabinet ideally!

I have travelled to a number of dufferent places around the world with firearms/rifles and the first port of call would be the Cyprus office and find out if your welcome.

I'm assuming not the Turkey sector????   Poland back in the early 90s was all paper and officialdom but have everyhting for the Polish customs and you sailed in. Back then they even counted the rounds in AND OUT.  America pre 9/11 was a dream, just sailed in no problems other than the desk officers wanted to know where and what you would be hunting and talk hunting.  Had one woman who played about and voiced her opinions on hunting and guns. Mentioned that to my host who was a pilot with the Border Authorities and next day she didn't have a job to go to.  After 9/11 just a bit more business like but not obstructive.   Used EasyJet many times into Slovenia and excellent service.  Obviously security at Gatwick etc but still no big problem as long as you turn up with time to spare.  Use a good case for the gun.

End of the day, contact the country your going to, dot the i's and cross the t's and notify Easyjet when you book your flight. Should not be a problem.

Ammunition in a separate container. I always used a proper ammo box but a client once turned up with shells in the normal cardboard boxes and flew through they never blinked at Gatwick.

Had one problem at Heathrow when flying to Sweden when he saw a knife in the gun box. Always put our hunting knives in there, safe and secure.  The British Airlines pilot was present and we put all of our knives in a cardboard box and he took them on the plane as personal items and they arrived in Stockholm but the rifles didn't.

Have a good trip.  If your struggling for a proper air worthy box let me know as I have a few I could let you have for a few quid.