Not a clue!

Scully

Have been loaned this with instructions to ‘kill everything you see’! 
Have no idea what I’m doing but mentioned to landowner I was looking for a good torch to affix to my rf, then I could walk around fields rather than drive. He said ‘I’ve got just the thing’. Reluctantly I agreed to give it a go. 
🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

Have been loaned this with instructions to ‘kill everything you see’! 
Have no idea what I’m doing but mentioned to landowner I was looking for a good torch to affix to my rf, then I could walk around fields rather than drive. He said ‘I’ve got just the thing’. Reluctantly I agreed to give it a go. 
🤷‍♂️

Did you mean to attach a photo .... if not, the rest of us haven't a clue either!?

The landowner says it’s a great bit of kit….2nd Gen Canadian Military hardware….and I’ve no doubt it is. 
It all just feels very unbalanced and cumbersome to me. 
The monocular top left is a Pulsar thermal spotter. 
I’m quite looking forward to using it, just not familiar with any of it at all. 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Thassa heck of a torch silencer. 🙂

Indeed! I did a double take when I first saw it! 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

It all just feels very unbalanced and cumbersome to me. 

It certainly looks it!

I think I’ve gone modern because I’ve just put a 3-9 zoom scope on my rimfire (old eyes struggling on longer range rabbits on 6x these days).

Just got back in from first outing with the above set up. I realise I probably need to spend a bit of time setting this up properly, but it’s not really that easy with it not getting properly dark til nigh on 11pm, but I gave it a go, and bagged two rabbits. 
Not an entirely clear or well focussed image, with a certain amount of ‘flair’, but I managed to pick up the glare of an eye on both counts, and was well impressed with one shot in particular as it was a good distance. 
The Pulsar monocular I’m well impressed with though; I was picking up registers over two hundred yards away ( I know how long these fields are ) and was still picking up a register from the first dead rabbit at least half an hour after it was shot. I don’t know if that’s normal however, as I’ve never used this gear before. 
Anyhow, it was an experience. I love creeping about in the dark. OH says I’m weird. 🙂

Thanks. 
I honestly don’t know, I will return it all to the landowner later today as he’s lamping foxes tonight. Given the time and a bit of a play I could probably get it set up a lot better. I have managed to create a cool white screen on the thermal imager monocular somehow, whereas it was a warm glowing orange when I set out! 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thanks. 
I honestly don’t know, I will return it all to the landowner later today as he’s lamping foxes tonight. Given the time and a bit of a play I could probably get it set up a lot better. I have managed to create a cool white screen on the thermal imager monocular somehow, whereas it was a warm glowing orange when I set out! 🤷‍♂️

Just be aware that looking at the ‘white hot’ screen spoils your night vision. That’s why I have mine on red.

14 hours ago, Scully said:

Thanks. 

Will you be investing in any now you've had a lick of the cream?

20 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Will you be investing in any now you've had a lick of the cream?

I’d like to, it’s just a matter of money really, and there are other things I’d rather spend money on. 
I had a look at a Wraith just out of interest, but a mate tells me a good S/H thermal imaging ‘ scope would be in the 2.5k bracket.