26" Miroku O/U 12 Bore

Miroku 12 bore over under shotgun (model and year unknown as serial number contains no date letters). £300 Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

26" barrels, 13½ length of pull (have 1" thick butt pad that can be included in the sale), fixed chokes but I've forgotten (bring your own choke gauge), mid and end bead sight, ejectors, inertia trigger, selector safety (pick which barrel fires first).

Look at the photos for yourself, my points; minor marks on stock (worst shown in photos of safety, minor pitting around the selector safety (close up photo to show), top lever is right of centre but I will say that the lever itself is a bit stiff.

20220524_164816.jpg

20220524_164931.jpg

20220524_164942.jpg

20220524_164951.jpg

20220524_165140.jpg

20220524_165215.jpg

20220524_165226.jpg

20220524_165235.jpg

20220524_165408.jpg

20220524_165418.jpg

20220524_165438.jpg

20220524_165447.jpg

20220524_165502.jpg

Fantastic guns, will last a life time.

From the picture it looks like a 800s or sw and from the barrel length its possibly a skeet gun, as for the chokes, if you remove the barrels it should be marked with either * or +, depending on the number that will tell you what the choke is in each barrel.

50 minutes ago, old'un said:

Fantastic guns, will last a life time.

From the picture it looks like a 800s or sw and from the barrel length its possibly a skeet gun, as for the chokes, if you remove the barrels it should be marked with either * or +, depending on the number that will tell you what the choke is in each barrel.

It will tell you what degree of choke was in the gun when it was originally manufactured.

In 1975 I bought a new Miroku 800SW from Benjamin Wild Birmingham, it cost £375, it is now 47 years old and as seen a lot of cartridges in its lifetime, its never let me down and is still fairly tight, its my go-to gun when on the pigeons.

I still have all the paper work and the little booklet that came with the gun, I have uploaded a picture of the choke markings, it may help you in discovering what chokes are in the gun, and to state the bleeding obvious….that's if it as not been bored out since leaving the factory.

mi.jpg

this looks identical to my wife's shotgun..... cannot say which model we bought it after a shop took it in PX... farmers wife had owned in for 25 years and not shot it much.... bought on recommendation of gunsmith that had checked it over... that was 12 years ago and its still a lovely gun.... wish i could justify it

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Glad I didn't see this last night or I would have bought this as well. I don't need it and 26" skeet guns are now rare, but the engraving / finish is excellent.

Although the stocks a bit short for me, If I was younger I would bought this gun, it would make a great hide gun having 26” barrels and I would think fairly open chokes, go on, you know you want it. :yes:

2 hours ago, old'un said:

In 1975 I bought a new Miroku 800SW from Benjamin Wild Birmingham, it cost £375, it is now 47 years old and as seen a lot of cartridges in its lifetime, its never let me down and is still fairly tight, its my go-to gun when on the pigeons.

I still have all the paper work and the little booklet that came with the gun, I have uploaded a picture of the choke markings, it may help you in discovering what chokes are in the gun, and to state the bleeding obvious….that's if it as not been bored out since leaving the factory.

mi.jpg

It has .719" on the top barrel and .729" on the bottom barrel. I think that's 1/4 choke in the top and 12 bore bang on in the bottom barrel so cylinder?

11 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

It has .719" on the top barrel and .729" on the bottom barrel. I think that's 1/4 choke in the top and 12 bore bang on in the bottom barrel so cylinder?

Think thats the bore diameter not the choke size, if you remove the barrels you should see either a * or + marks like the ones in the picture I uploaded, can you take a picture of the side of the breech.

Although the stocks a bit short for me, If I was younger I would bought this gun, it would make a great hide gun having 26” barrels and I would think fairly open chokes, go on, you know you want it. image.gif.305bd555ff5f9ae3e226203817eafdfd.gif

I bought the 30" Miroku last night - Google suggests it is a 3800 Grade 1. Had I known about this I might have been tempted by both. I don't need a Skeet gun and it was a fair trek to East Yorkshire, so I won't be rushing back. Good lad to deal with and describes his guns accurately.

If you look at the picture I uploaded you will see the SS for skeet choking so its as near as dame it to cylinder choke.

Forgot to mention the SS for skeet, sorry. :blush:

Here's an old thread on the same subject….https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/414776-miroku-identification/

Out of interest does anyone know what these two mark are? Could SP stand for steel proof?

marks.jpg

Edited by old'un

• 2 weeks later...