Baikal 27E-IC single trigger O/U

What can I say?

welcome to my add for my much loved (abused) Baikal

ohhhh she’s been through the wars!

I bought this gun years ago after getting tired of damaging nicer guns when rough shooting 

The stock has been un professionally extended to provide around 15” LOP 

then re chequered as it kept falling out of my hands around duck ponds (with a knife, whilst waiting for ducks)

im not sure if it’s 16 or 20 lines per inch ??

the barrels have been re blacked for a perfect finish. (Well, they were re blacked but only over the minor pitting that’s present to try and stop the rust which reappeared after every damp outing) prepared for bluing using a wire wheel on a bench grinder.

I can honestly say, I’ve shot a lot of game and wildfowl with this gun and shot pretty well at clays with it.

sadly I no longer rough shoot and don’t need this old nail anymore

its always been reliable, it’s not loose, bores are mint, I’ve had some great times with this gun but it’s ugly even by Russian standards.

£40 for this fully functioning war horse?

it’s killed more game than it ever should have 

choked full and half, but I’m sure it’s actually 1/4 and 1/2

0D9F04D5-2964-4CA9-B78A-8330B25E9F7B.jpeg

BC5FEAC5-DCC3-4020-AF10-F01F63C4869E.jpeg

D6A71C53-DA60-4488-A94D-49536E9991E0.jpeg

You can never go wrong with a baikal and a baikal will never go wrong with you.

I deeply regret selling my two. One of them was used as my beginners instructing gun when we ran the club clay shoots. It must have had close on a hundred thousand cartridges through it over twenty five years I had it, Still 100% tight, the stock was refinished a couple of times as a winter project  and, while out of the stock, the action cleaned and oiled with fully synthetic car engine oil via a syringe.

When I sold it, it was like a new gun

Seen them as rough as that before, BUT when the action is taken down the interals are still like new. AND when all's done point it in the right direction it'll do the job.  AND if you're a good enough shot it's great to be able to outshot others with very expensive guns with a bargain bucket model. 😊