Delux treacle tart

Walker570

Just had a slice of treacle tart my wife made this afternoon. Short of white bread crumbs I ran some of my own bake sultana/mixed fruit loaf through the 'whizza' machine and produced some crumbs for her. Now this loaf has mixed dried fruit as well as additonal sultanas and also a good splash of orange essence I mentioned previously.    Absolutely awesome result and the very best treacle tart ever.  A serious De Lux version.  I think a crumbed fruit loaf would work if you don't bake your own but the splash of orange essence was there so may need adding.  

That sounds lovely, the amount of times I have to remind Mrs-G to bring home some treacle tart!

I like it with custard too. I don't think I'd be up for making it myself though, just me making occasional pasties in her part of the kitchen stresses her out. :yay:

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

We need pics nev , it sounds absolutely delicious.

Yeh but in a pic it looks just like an ordinary home made treacle tart.  You have to let the pastry hang over the sides of the dish as well so that is nice and crisp.

DaveG    then buy some ready made pastry and roll it out takes two minutes whilst she is down the shops but of course you also need to bake some fruit bread as well.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yeh but in a pic it looks just like an ordinary home made treacle tart.  You have to let the pastry hang over the sides of the dish as well so that is nice and crisp.

DaveG    then buy some ready made pastry and roll it out takes two minutes whilst she is down the shops but of course you also need to bake some fruit bread as well.

Lol, I'd likely burn it, like I did with boiled potato's many years ago. :blush:

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

If pics are no good,  you need to make one for me 😄.