Sue Gray report

Dave-G

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I say I was suffering, I didn't.  I am talking about Johnson wrecking the whole countries economy but as you ask I am on a none index linked fixed income so any price rises make me poorer as it does all of us who don't get an inflation linked pay rise, it's not rocket science, which bit of that don't you get?  My Pension fund is bombing due to the FTSE 250 going down nearly 20% this year so I will have to take less out.  My comments were about Johnson and Sunak wrecking the UK economy which they are splendidly.  Johnson's insane Nett Zero policies and Foreign Policy is impoverishing the whole country.  If inflation doesn't come down quickly we are all in trouble and Sunaks announcement today will only fuel it, they need to address the issues driving prices up alot of which are caused by this rancid Govt.  

Edited by Weihrauch17

2 hours ago, Scully said:

We’re getting off topic now, but just exactly how are you suffering? I know you’re struggling to pay your syndicate subs, but you’re not alone in that, and yours was vastly overpriced anyhow. I couldn’t afford what you were paying either! 
Had to cancel your Sky subscription? Netflix? Amazon Prime? Cancelled your mobile contract and gone Pay as you go? Cancelled that holiday? 
Using food banks? OH told me of a couple of female professionals who stated on the news they couldn’t afford to live on their income so were using food banks. As far as I can recall both were on over 30k a year! 🤷‍♂️
Just how are you suffering? 

That's it, the 2 trillion is make believe. 

We're led to believe times are hard, but people are eating more takeaway than ever, have phone contracts and multiple TV subscriptions.

Fuel is the highest I can recall but the toads aren't empty, people are looking at holidays not how they will manage over winter.

Yes some will always struggle,  but the vast majority in this country are a long way from that.

I get it. It just doesn’t concern me like it concerns some. It’s just life. 
I don’t have a pension fund and am self employed. Prior to that I’ve been made redundant several times, once just after my first child was born, and when one of my kids was hospitalised and eventually died, we really struggled as I was self employed by then and no one wanted to know about our financial situation through time off work due to hospital visits, except my family, none of whom are wealthy either.
We’ve lived through what at times felt like one recession after another, slumps etc etc and now a pandemic, but so what? It doesn’t matter which party is in government, you just crack on and get on with it. No one said it was going to be easy. 
I’m still living in one of the most wealthy countries in the world, just as you are. People need to stop whining and get on with it. 

10 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

So that makes it alright then!!  Irrespective of his constant lies he has trashed the countries economy of the back of a Ferguson spread sheet so inaccurate a 2 year old could have done better and forges ahead with driving big business out of the country and his Nett Zero insanity that willl impoverish us all for absolutely no good reason.  Johnson and Sunak are the worst pair we have ever had and that is saying something.

Is it safe to assume you don't think covid cost a lot of the economy? And the food and fuel crisis was his doing too?

So who would you suggest would have done a better job since Boris was elected with a massive majority the like of which hasn't been seen for umpteen years? 

7 hours ago, Scully said:

............... We’ve lived through what at times felt like one recession after another, slumps etc etc and now a pandemic, but so what? It doesn’t matter which party is in government, you just crack on and get on with it. No one said it was going to be easy. 
I’m still living in one of the most wealthy countries in the world, just as you are. People need to stop whining and get on with it. 

My sentiments exactly

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Is it safe to assume you don't think covid cost a lot of the economy? And the food and fuel crisis was his doing too?

So who would you suggest would have done a better job since Boris was elected with a massive majority the like of which hasn't been seen for umpteen years? 

Covid didn't cost the economy, the Govts reaction to it did.  Johnson got a large majority due to Corbyn and Brexit which he hasn't delivered.  Food crisis, this Govt is paying Farmers not to grow food but rewild and have vast swathes of Solar Panels , it's agricultural policy is insane.  We are sat on huge Gas and Oil reserves that he refuses to utilise. Most of the cost of fuel is Tax.  They have wasted tens of Billions on nothing, Track and Trace the NHS App etc etc this list goes on and on.  He is not fit for office.   I am truly amazed you think he is doing a good job.

17 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Covid didn't cost the economy, the Govts reaction to it did.  Johnson got a large majority due to Corbyn and Brexit which he hasn't delivered.  Food crisis, this Govt is paying Farmers not to grow food but rewild and have vast swathes of Solar Panels , it's agricultural policy is insane.  We are sat on huge Gas and Oil reserves that he refuses to utilise. Most of the cost of fuel is Tax.  They have wasted tens of Billions on nothing, Track and Trace the NHS App etc etc this list goes on and on.  He is not fit for office.   I am truly amazed you think he is doing a good job.

Its more a case of thinking hes doing better than anyone else who was considered by their party as fit for the job at the last election by a very wide margin.

EDIT: I notice you avoided putting forwards a better suited candidate to win that election.

Edited by Dave-G

Just now, Dave-G said:

Its more a case of thinking hes doing better than anyone else who was considered by their party as fit for the job at the last election by a very wide margin.

EDIT: I notice you avoided putting forwards a better suited candidate to win that election.

Steve Baker would have been my choice.

4 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

👍This

Pasted from the Daily Telegraph comments section :

Some reasons other than partygate for Johnson to go-

He's not a conservative.

He has not delivered Brexit.

He has signed WHO pandemic treaty.

He has not fixed the illegal migrant issue.

He has not removed us from the ECHR.

He has not removed the 5% tax on energy bills.

He has not stopped the absurd HS2.

He is continuing his ruinous Net Zero policy.

He has no intention of reforming the NHS.

He has dismembered the UK.

On top of these and many others he is an immoral, lying charlatan devoid of principles or honour. A man with a history of broken pledges in his politics and in his personal life.

Edited by Weihrauch17

13 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Pasted from the Daily Telegraph comments section :

He's not a conservative.

On top of these and many others he is an immoral, lying charlatan devoid of principles or honour. A man with a history of broken pledges in his politics and in his personal life.

😀 Like I keep saying, he’s a politician. Tell us what you expect from a PM, and then name one who has lived up to your standards. 

He's not a conservative.

Looking down this rather silly list, my eye was drawn to the first point. It went downhill after that.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

😀 Like I keep saying, he’s a politician. Tell us what you expect from a PM, and then name one who has lived up to your standards. 

I would expect them to have total integrity and to run the country to the best of their ability to benefit the citizens of the country.  Virtually every policy Johnson has does the country immense harm.  Mass Immigration legal and illegal,  paying Farmers not to produce food, Colossal money printing driving inflation through the roof and Nett Zero being the top four.  They are not my standards they should be the country's standards, him and Sunak are a disaster for the UK.  You just accept total incompetence because it's the norm.

Edited by Weihrauch17

23 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I would expect them to have total integrity and to run the country to the best of their ability to benefit the citizens of the country.  Virtually every policy Johnson has does the country immense harm.  Mass Immigration legal and illegal,  paying Farmers not to produce food, Colossal money printing driving inflation through the roof and Nett Zero being the top four.  They are not my standards they should be the country's standards, him and Sunak are a disaster for the UK.  You just accept total incompetence because it's the norm.

Name one PM of any party that has lived up to your standards. 🙂

I don’t accept incompetence because it’s the norm, I accept it because they’re politicians and I don’t expect anything else. None are incompetent; politics is a popularity contest and all will say what you want to hear to get your vote. 
You are going to find life increasingly disappointing and infuriating if you’re expecting the ideal. 
Again, name one who has lived up to all you expect. 

He's not a conservative - Which party do you believe he leads?

He has not delivered Brexit - He has done. You must have been asleep.

He has signed WHO pandemic treaty - The jury is out as to whether that is good or bad. Please enlighten us with your facts to back up your opinion.

He has not fixed the illegal migrant issue - I think you mean illegal immigrant problem. It will take many, many years to "fix it".

He has not removed us from the ECHR - Not up to now.

He has not removed the 5% tax on energy bills - Might or might not do in the future.

He has not stopped the absurd HS2 - I don't like the idea, but you describe it as absurd. Perhaps you might enlighten us as to why some people support it.

He is continuing his ruinous Net Zero policy - He seems to be re-considering it.

He has no intention of reforming the NHS - Absolute garbage speculation. You cannot say what his intentions are.

He has dismembered the UK - No idea where this preposterous view came from. It is just rubbish.

You blame Johnson for all these, but he is not totally in control of everything that the Tory Party does.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Name one PM of any party that has lived up to your standards. 🙂

I don’t accept incompetence because it’s the norm, I accept it because they’re politicians and I don’t expect anything else. None are incompetent; politics is a popularity contest and all will say what you want to hear to get your vote. 
You are going to find life increasingly disappointing and infuriating if you’re expecting the ideal. 
Again, name one who has lived up to all you expect. 

Again you are accepting incompetence and yes Johnson is totally incompetent as was May.  But as you ask Churchill but before my time. Yes the vast majority have been awful but that doesn't make it acceptable.  There are some decent MP's with common sense that never get a look in, Steve Baker I would like to see run the country.

Just now, Gordon R said:

You blame Johnson for all these, but he is not totally in control of everything that the Tory Party does.

No you are right, Carrie is.

No you are right, Carrie is

I am impressed by your lengthy post, detailing your reasoning. Your posts amount to nothing more than hatred of Johnson. Your throwaway remark about "Carrie" has established the depth of your knowledge. It's all you have got.

If Steve Baker is the man, why hasn't he put things right?

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I am impressed by your lengthy post, detailing your reasoning. Your posts amount to nothing more than hatred of Johnson. Your throwaway remark about "Carrie" has established the depth of your knowledge. It's all you have got.

If Steve Baker is the man, why hasn't he put things right?

Arrogance personified.  Steve Baker isn't in power in case you hadn't noticed.

Edited by Weihrauch17