Any thought on a Ford Fusion, ? Standard Model ?

Hi...I've had two ford fusions and loved them...swapped from a focus to these as they are a more 'sit up and beg' driving position, a bit higher so are easier to get in and out of...obviously a personal opinion but found them great...atb...misser

On 26/05/2022 at 10:36, misser said:

Hi...I've had two ford fusions and loved them...swapped from a focus to these as they are a more 'sit up and beg' driving position, a bit higher so are easier to get in and out of...obviously a personal opinion but found them great...atb...misser

Thanks 👍

On 26/05/2022 at 19:40, db135 said:

I worked for Ford as a tec for over 20 years served my time there too and to be honest there good cars me personally I’d go for 1.25 or 1.4 petrol zetec manual not much to go wrong really 

Thanks will check them out 👍

8 hours ago, Yellowvanman said:

I was a AA patrol for 40 years. I would not have a Ford. I would have a Daihatsu. I would look at Japanese brands before anything European. 

Hello, I have one as my post but it's getting on a bit although low miles for year, I was looking for a lift up back door rather than a side door and spare tyre, not to bothered  now if not a 4 X 4 type but something with good ground clearance, up to 1,500 cc

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have one as my post but it's getting on a bit although low miles for year, I was looking for a lift up back door rather than a side door and spare tyre, not to bothered  now if not a 4 X 4 type but something with good ground clearance, up to 1,500 cc

Small Fords are okay if you don't plan for high mileage. They're targeted purely at the personal lease marketplace where there's little chance of going past 70K or so miles. Higher mileage Fiesta and Focus based cars keep the small garages in business replacing clutches, suspension and brake parts. Ask any MOT tester. Anything Japanese will have lower cost of ownership by outlasting any comparably priced Euro built car.

On 31/05/2022 at 19:56, flippermaj said:

Mitsubishi ASX petrol model.  Good ground clearance and high ish driving position.  Boots not massive, good economy and if you get the right model, heated seats auto lights hilll start etc.  No spare wheel though, you can purchase one though.

Thanks will take a look

On 31/05/2022 at 13:14, Yellowvanman said:

Look at Suzuki Ignis.  Mother in law has one, sits quite high so easy access for old bones and drives nice.

Make sure whatever you get it has a spare wheel. Tyre related breakdowns, and the car having no spare, are the AA's top reason for call outs.

Thanks will take a look