Wabbits

This is a bit of a dumb question, when you go lamping with filters and rifle, do you walk in the middle of the field, or around the edges were most of the diggings and poo are??? Becuase when i go in the light after rabbits there all only about 1meter away from the hedge (were the warrens are) but when i go lamping there doesnt seem to be any around the hedges. They all seem to have wondered off into the middle of the field!!! IS THIS RIGHT!?

lol, i want a quad bike! :lol:

Any way! i asked it becuase the game keeper on my shoot, he goes through the middle of the field with a red filter and a little 4.10 when he is lamping! So at night do the rabbits go into the middle of the field and rome around abit? Also i think they rome around a bit cos there are never any rabbits in my garden during the day! But the next morning there are some fresh poo poo and new diggings!

If you know your ground well, the trick is to try and get between the Rabbits out in the field and their burrows. This is when they often try and sit tight as they don't have their usual escape route, so you can get close to them, even if they run in the opposite direction or go down bolt holes they will try and get back to their burrows later so you'll find they are out again in just a short time, ready to be caught out again.

Mark.

I've friend with a bad rabbit problem in their garden i've offered my services but have teo concerns 1 when are the rabbits most likely too be there and 2 do you think the royal marine base across the road will mind terribly to a 12 bore blasting away??

cheers

SS

Squintshot - it depends on who the neighbours are. If he is in a built up area, no 12 bore! If it is surrounded by fields and can be safely shot, no problems.

Rabbits are most likely to be out early morning, early evening or late at night. Sometimes they come out around midday to sun themselves. They also seem to like to be out in light rain.

As for the Royal Marine base, just inform them that there is a rabbit problem and that you will be shooting at a certain time and all should be OK.

If it is not possible to use a 12 bore, have you considered live cage traps or setting snares?

No problem using the 12 just one neighbour next door then fields all around and the rabbits are a pain for them so i'm sure thay wont mind. I'll be shooting away from there house anyway so all is safe. i'll just let the marines know so they don't snipe my ***!!