Called Out

I was in the local pub this afternoon having lunch for the mother in laws birthday when I had a call from a farmer with pigeons on his peas. I said I’d be there as soon as possible. I had no birds defrosted so scraped together 4 plastic decoys I had in the shed. I managed to get in the hide for 16.00 and finished shooting at 19.00 picking 69 pigeons. The birds have hammered certain parts of this field so I think it will produce again in the coming weeks.

Ben

2CCDE856-DF49-4322-9017-44D7819FAD1D.jpeg

Nice one, great result starting so late…..will definitely be more to come o that field!
Certainly got plenty of pigeons in your area all year round haven’t you, been keeping an eye on some blocks of peas here but numbers not hitting them yet. I usually get a good bag in the next week or two date wise but maybe they’ll be a bit later this year.

Lovely way to finish off what should had been a relaxing afternoon with the mother in law , great bag in the time frame you were shooting , just goes to show it is possible for some folk to get a couple of hours shooting in the Summer time when they knock off from work , and don't have to wait till the weekend , Well done and THANKS for the report .