I have finally collected it....

Accuspell

Some time before Christmas I was asking about semi auto guns, because of my shoulder I was swapping from side-by-side to a semi auto in the hope the recoil system would soften the blow a bit. 3 or 4 shots were as much as I could withstand from the old gun, even with 32g loads. My shoulder ached for days afterwards, my injuries are one reason I hardly used the shotgun and mainly shot with the air rifle. I had to wait while my licence was being renewed (took over 6 months) before I could swap, but finally I have collected the semi.   I even got invited for a walk round for a bunny by the seller and I chrstened it with the first shot. It felt weird with the weight being shuffled about by the springs, but the recoil seemed OK.  I am now keen to get the decoys out as some stage and see what it is like after a few shots. My decoying is very poor, my record was on freshly sprouted peas and I managed 22, but that was many years ago.  I don't seem to be able to get in the right place. Most of my shooting is woodland or grazing fields, so not a great deal of decoying opportunities. Are the branchers about yet on the crow colonies?

Hi Simon glad you’re finally sorted with your license , what did you get in the end and what happened with the 687 ? Had a goon the crows and pigeons on the Easter weekend on freshly drilled fields looked at the fields on the Sunday but couldn’t shoot hundreds of pigeons and crows on them went back on the Monday very few pigeons and not many crows managed 20 between us before the bitterly cold wind froze us , good luck 👍

My semi auto is an old but well looked after Beretta AL390 with multi chokes.   Nothing has happened to the 687 because until I had my licence I couldn't go and collect the guns. I am hoping to get down and fetch the 687, Winchester 23 and the 10 bore. Then I can photograph them and get them on the sale page. A bit pointless until I am in a position to do some pictures. I still have the 10 bore cartridges to go with the 10 bore.

The silage fields have been cropped. I am going to try and go in the morning and decoy some crows. I have never done it before!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2022 at 19:24, Accuspell said:

My semi auto is an old but well looked after Beretta AL390 with multi chokes.   Nothing has happened to the 687 because until I had my licence I couldn't go and collect the guns. I am hoping to get down and fetch the 687, Winchester 23 and the 10 bore. Then I can photograph them and get them on the sale page. A bit pointless until I am in a position to do some pictures. I still have the 10 bore cartridges to go with the 10 bore.

The silage fields have been cropped. I am going to try and go in the morning and decoy some crows. I have never done it before!

How did you get on ? Just started cutting for the  silage around the vale, lots of grass field were to wet,