Shooting glasses

1 hour ago, dann boy said:

Hi all i am after some help 

I need to get some prescription shooting glasses have looked in to pilla and they are very Expensive wondering what other people use here 

thanks Dan 

Hello, Specsavers did mine for shooting and tinted yellow to see better, did not cost to much if I remember 

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Specsavers did mine for shooting and tinted yellow to see better, did not cost to much if I remember 

Mine also but I had them done in "snooker frames " to get a tilt on the lenses for a better centre of lens view.  Brown photo chromic also gives good results.

20 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Mine also but I had them done in "snooker frames " to get a tilt on the lenses for a better centre of lens view.  Brown photo chromic also gives good results.

Me too. Appreciate that we're all different and I found that I could just alter the nose pads a tad with no need to alter the lenses in the frame which I then dabbed with superglue as I found they could move with no conscious help from arthritic me. Brown also good for fishing.

Me too. Clear, yellow and dark tinted.

Shooting buddy has just bought a set of shooting glasses with 4 different coloured lenses and a prescription insert. Specsavers supplied and fitted the prescription lenses to the frame insert. The set of shooting glasses was £30, plus the Specsavers bill.

Edited by Westley

I recently bought my first prescription shooting glasses from Optilabs. Their on line ordering and uploading my prescription was very simple. Turnaround was fast as they have their own lab.

Cost was around £160 with coated light yellow tint lenses. Very pleased with the glasses and the service, so happy to recommend them.