On holiday in Florida (visited the range)

owain

We’re currently on holiday in Florida for a couple of weeks. In between visits to the parks, me and my eldest boy had a trip to “The shooting gallery” range and gun shop. 
What an experience, my boy got a Glock 44 in .22, I got a Glock 17 in 9mm. We also got a AR 9 in 9mm to both have a go with. I’ve put up a couple of videos on YouTube, if your in Florida and looking for a range to go to, I would recommend this place. 

Twice when i have been to Orlando on holiday, i think i was at that range more then i was at the parks. Dropped wife and kids at the parks and went here. Must of done $1500 plus on gun hire and ammo loved it as an ex pistol shooter. Loved the 50ae desert eagle, 500sw was a bit of a hand killer.

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Nice one mate I’m off there in about 4 weeks  will try and check it out. 

We are around Miami area. 

It’s well worth a look mate, there’s loads to choose from. This one was recommended by a lad at work 👍

4 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

Whenever we go to Florida we head for the range, we like Oakridge gun Range, very friendly with a great selection of guns. Last time there we finished on a M4 Carbine with the full auto option. 

Looks like good fun 👍👍

We finished off with the AR9 auto, the boy didn’t fancy full auto but I had a couple of mags through it. 

19 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Nice one mate I’m off there in about 4 weeks  will try and check it out. 

We are around Miami area. 

If you're around Miami head for Lock And Load, just about anything you fancy a pop with including Barrett .50 cal.                                             Well worth a visit, UK driving licence accepted as proof of Id. 

We used the Orlando gun club on vineland a few years ago and it was great. We used ruger.22 pistol. Glock 17 9mm. 357 and 44 mag revolvers.  Ar15 semi auto. Ak47 semi auto. Remington 700? Bolt action sniper.  Uzi and and mp5 on full auto. They have a lot more variety  of guns since we went. Including some ww2 and cowboy guns.  It's very close to universal and the mall at millenia. If you pre book they send an uber for you foc.

Also noticed that another range had opened across the road from old town in kissimee.(machine gun america) Not tried that one yet. 

Jasper.

Edited by jasper682

10 hours ago, jasper682 said:

We used the Orlando gun club on vineland a few years ago and it was great. We used ruger.22 pistol. Glock 17 9mm. 357 and 44 mag revolvers.  Ar15 semi auto. Ak47 semi auto. Remington 700? Bolt action sniper.  Uzi and and mp5 on full auto. They have a lot more variety  of guns since we went. Including some ww2 and cowboy guns.  It's very close to universal and the mall at millenia. If you pre book they send an uber for you foc.

Also noticed that another range had opened across the road from old town in kissimee.(machine gun america) Not tried that one yet. 

Jasper.

Machine gun America was just over the road from where we were stopping. A few people had said it was very expensive for what it was. It Did look smart though. 

13 hours ago, owain said:

Machine gun America was just over the road from where we were stopping. A few people had said it was very expensive for what it was. It Did look smart though. 

MGA is very over priced. 100's of dollars for a fairly basic experience.

We used Shooting Gallery Range based about half hour out of Kissimmee area. Rent whatever takes your fancy from the rack and as long as you are able to show some basic competency (loading/ unloading mag, making the gun safe etc) after a brief demonstration then your free to go on the range and blast away. It was a few dollars per box of 9mm pistol rounds and 15 dollars for a box of 5.56 if I remember correctly.

12 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

MGA is very over priced. 100's of dollars for a fairly basic experience.

We used Shooting Gallery Range based about half hour out of Kissimmee area. Rent whatever takes your fancy from the rack and as long as you are able to show some basic competency (loading/ unloading mag, making the gun safe etc) after a brief demonstration then your free to go on the range and blast away. It was a few dollars per box of 9mm pistol rounds and 15 dollars for a box of 5.56 if I remember correctly.

That’s same place we used, it was really good. I’m just looking at the receipt now.

Range entry for 2 - $30

Glock 44 hire         -$12

Glock 17 hire.         -$12

AR9 auto hire         -$30

50x .22lr.                -$20

100x 9mm.             -$85

LTJ? For 2               -$03

Tax                          -$12.48

Total   $204.48

Not exactly cheap but a great experience for both of us. 

Ammo isn’t cheap in the US of A have a look at shotgun ammunition prices. 😳

Also the petrol prices, we had a transit  15 seat mini bus, I filled it up with petrol (not diesel which is more expensive) from 50 miles off empty on the way to the airport. Over $100 😳 which is about £80. One thing about Florida, it ain’t cheap.