Is it too late for potatoes?.

mel b3

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Bigger bags, planning is not your forte Mate.  

This year was just my green fingered experiment,  just in case things went wrong with food supplies later in the year. Next year I'll be full on percy thrower 😄.

I still haven't gotten around to planting apple trees at my woodland yet . I want to plant , eating apples , cooking apples , walnuts,  and now , potatoes 😁 , I won't get much benefit from the trees , but my kids , and grandkids will.

To be honest , I've got no garden space . I have a 90' garden , but it contains , my workshop,  lins workshop,  my lads fishing tackle shed , two wood stores , logs for the next two years , my scrap metal collection , and a 10'x10' pond . Even my drive is filled with logs.  The whole place looks like steptoes scrap yard , so growing potatoes in bags was my only option. 

5 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I want to plant , eating apples , cooking apples , walnuts,  and now , potatoes 😁 , I won't get much benefit from the trees , but my kids , and grandkids will.

The apple trees I planted 3 years ago had pretty much a full crop on them last year. Unless you are thinking to pop off sometime soon you should see the benefit of them. 👍

Edited by 39TDS
Walnuts may take a while.

23 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

The apple trees I planted 3 years ago had pretty much a full crop on them last year. Unless you are thinking to pop off sometime soon you should see the benefit of them. 👍

I'm planning on living at least until I've seen how many potatoes are in these bags that you lot have talked me into planting 😁

5 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'm planning on living at least until I've seen how many potatoes are in these bags that you lot have talked me into planting 😁

Live life like it is your last day, farm like you will live forever.

:)