PARD 008P

Myiamouse

Hi i am new to the nightvision game and i have just bought a Pard 008p to go on my S410 a couple of things i could do with help on firstly on an outing last night using the nv the vision was very grainy and poor when on the feeders in the wood at 30 yrd so would i need an additional nv torch? and also it was second hand so would it benefit from a firmware update and if so how do i do that? sorry if they're silly questions but im new to this and any help is appreciated cheers 

It should be easily good enough for onboard ir out to over 100m. I use mine out to 150. Moisture in the air will limit distance and even a additional ir will do little to help. Its only nv sights with a large objective lens that will work in poor conditions and if its misty they will stop too as the ir bounces back. 

Firmware update I would look on YouTube. 

59 minutes ago, Myiamouse said:

Hi i am new to the nightvision game and i have just bought a Pard 008p to go on my S410 a couple of things i could do with help on firstly on an outing last night using the nv the vision was very grainy and poor when on the feeders in the wood at 30 yrd so would i need an additional nv torch? and also it was second hand so would it benefit from a firmware update and if so how do i do that? sorry if they're silly questions but im new to this and any help is appreciated cheers 

Is this the first time youve used it , or is it just last outing it was grainy ?
As Oowee says , a lot of moisture in the air can play havoc with NV.

Check the IR is actually working , by putting your hand in front of it, pull it out to focus into a spot, and check its aligned.
Dont bother with firmware updates, there is nothing new worth bothering about on  P.

Separate IRs will only improve the view if you use a laser type, and at airgun ranges, pretty pointless.

2 hours ago, Myiamouse said:

yes i tried that and it didnt alter anything infact their was no difference at all when moving it in and out cheers

As I said , make sure its working (red glow, but dont look directly into it )
Its also possible the lens assembly sometimes falls to bits , you should be able to see the cell clearly through the glass (switched off!)

Lightbulb moment ! 
You are switching it on to night mode (black and white) long press on the left side button, (you should hear a click) then short press for illumination.
Also check eyepiece focus is correct, (clear icons) and the front focus too.

Edited by Rewulf

think it might be your lightbulb moment! i will try it tonight i have been long pressing hear the click and it goes black and white but i havent been giving it a follow up short press i will try it tonight and let you know 👍🤞 thanks again for your help