Snap on / blue point tools

Cornishroe

Facom, Halfords Professional,  Snap-on, Sealey, American Pro and Milwaukee are the contents of my Facom and Mac roll cabs and I've been a technician for 40 plus years.

Snap-on for screw drivers, ratchets and torque wrenches, any of the other makes for the rest.

Blue Point are made by Gearwrench, who also make Halfords Advanced, Signet, Toptul. Gearwrench do make the best ratchet spanners.

Snap On don't make their own screwdrivers or torque wrenches and their warranty has changed - original owner, with original receipt.

Mac Tools have the best, no quibble guarantee, followed closely by Halfords.

Facom did make the best ratchets, when they were made in France.

Beta, Facom, Stahlwille, Gedore, Elora, Belzer, CK, Knipex, Usag are all decent stuff. 

I have collected made in USA tools for some years, as they are normally the best out there:-

Cornwell, Armstrong, Lisle, Bonney, SK (formerly Sherman Klove - the best spanners money can buy), Estwing, Blackhawk, Proto, KD, Allen, Craftsman, Crescent and many more. Some are now outsourced to Taiwan, but if it has USA stamped on it - buy it.

I assume from the name, Cornishroe is in Cornwall. However, if you are in the North West - holler.

As above when I started working in a similar field I went down the very expensive rabbit hole of snap on tools. The ratchets , sockets , extension bars etc are well worth the money because of the lifetime guarantee. Snap on's budget brand so to speak is blue point which is very good value for money .Other brands are just as good if not better facom , wera , I believe milwaukee actually made the impact guns for snap on for a while but were some £200 dearer then milwaukee once they had stuck there name on the side of the same product. 

I've attached a link below to a website I used when getting started 

Worth looking on ebay as well for the snap on cab boxes etc can get some bargains 

https://www.primetools.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4uaUBhC8ARIsANUuDjVCoXwEyB0RzSgssBJiSfx-jGKxA5alv7N72PmKrRGf4aV5dDOGj9QaAlmMEALw_wcB

I’ve spent 40k plus on snap on tool’s over the years and found unless you have a snap on man coming around every week to replace all the broken tools there not worth it. I have now left the workshop and gone Mobile and seen about 8 different snap on dealers in various places and not one of them is interested in replacing your broken tools. I wouldn’t do it again. 

7 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

I’ve spent 40k plus on snap on tool’s over the years and found unless you have a snap on man coming around every week to replace all the broken tools there not worth it. I have now left the workshop and gone Mobile and seen about 8 different snap on dealers in various places and not one of them is interested in replacing your broken tools. I wouldn’t do it again. 

Snap-on have changed their warranty policy, and it now seems to be down to the rep ( if you can find one) if he is willing to send your broken item back to Northampton or repair it himself.

No surprise they are constantly advertising for new franchises. 

We had a snap on van come into the yard and the man invited the lads to view his wares on the van. One lad enquired the price of a few,? 6 sockets with a simple  slide bar wrench. i think that the asking price was in the region of about £700 !!!!  the lad said thank you and he and the other lads disembarked from the van.  No sale there.   The tools may be nice but they get lost just as easy as a cheapo.  The irony of it is that a nearby company used to buy sets of snap on tools. And someone had a greater need.  The only tools left in the building were in the toolbox of an old boy and were makes like. KING ****, BEDFORD, METABO and random makes.  The Snap On men were amazed that these worked tightening and loosening  nuts & bolts just as well the snap on one's.