bad luck fall

simcgunner

Thanks for the lead for a stocker I am lucky to know a gunmaker who trained in Austria and is a true artist who did the stocking of this gun to my measurements.

I'm a yank and sending Guns to England for service is near impossible. my insurance covers fire/theft but not repairs

AH Fox XE grade.  from 1912 catalogue

1918-xe-right.jpg

"The FOX GUN"( A.H. Fox "Wood Grain" Catalog A.H. Fox Gun Company, Philadelphia, Pa.)

The XE is the result of the increasing demand for a gun which shall be as nearly perfect for the purpose as it is possible to be made. Each gun receives and elaborate amount of handwork, which, in spite of the number of cheap machine-made guns built, is still the only way to produce a really accurate and high grade gun.

THE BARRELS, which are of high quality Chromox Fluid Steel, receive the most attention of any part of this gun. In addition to the regular tests, these barrels are first selected from large lots and then carefully reamed, polished and tested until the pattern not only gives the choke desired with standard loads but an exceedingly even pattern as well. No such careful workmanship as is used on this and our "D" grade has ever been put into an American gun. The result makes an ideal gun.

THE STOCK- of beautifully marked Circassian Walnut, oil finished, is made with full pistol, half pistol or straight grip, or in the Monte Carlo type, as desired.

THE ENGRAVING- of new design, conforms to the artistic standard of the other high grade FOX Guns. It has never been equaled before in a gun under $200.

While primarily a trap gun, the "XE" grade is also furnished for other work in any gauge or barrel length. In every case the same painstaking hand labor is employed to make each gun as perfect in shooting quality as it is possible to be. Always furnished with Automatic Ejector, Silver's Recoil Pad and Lyman Sights, unless otherwise ordered.

26, 28, 30, 32-inch barrels

Weight 5 1/2 to 6 3/4 lbs- 20 gauge

Edited by simcgunner

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/06/2022 at 00:47, simcgunner said:

Thanks for the lead for a stocker I am lucky to know a gunmaker who trained in Austria and is a true artist who did the stocking of this gun to my measurements.

I'm a yank and sending Guns to England for service is near impossible. my insurance covers fire/theft but not repairs

In an attempt to make you feel better my browning 725 clay buster did this to me because I used it or swore at it when “IT MISSED “ 

your wallet is going to feel it but you could have bent the barrels beyond repair that would have been $$$

Agriv8 

C40BBE43-3C62-4E17-8CD9-70D19F06A8BE.jpeg

85A86BF8-879E-47A3-8B43-6F83EA1C9B71.jpeg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...