Air pistol accuracy at 10M

Just thought you guys might be interested is these short clips of a pellet test in my Morini 162ie and my 5 shot Aeron B96 pistol. These are both shot at 10 metres with cheap Hobby pellets. 5 shot group for the Morini measures 8.4mm (Outside to outside).

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Tight group 

I was trying to see if it was worth using premium pellets for competition in my match pistols - R10's at £8.95/500 or Hobby at £6.50/500. The R10's did give smaller groups but as the Hobby pellets will still all score 10's on the non-decimal targets I consider them certainly good enough for me. I now know the frequent 7's are not the pistol or the pellets. :)

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Those pistols are amazingly accurate 👌

Not bad with what's considered a "training" pellet. This is the group with the premium match pellets, again 5 shots at 10M.. 

Nothing wrong with short barrels. Back in the olden days I did a fair bit of testing various .32 match pistols (Walther/Pardini/Fas etc.)Using a Ransom machine rest. These pistols only had about 4" barrels but, with the right load gave excellent accuracy at 25 yds.

wFOcMBW.jpg

51 minutes ago, 1066 said:

Not bad with what's considered a "training" pellet. This is the group with the premium match pellets, again 5 shots at 10M.. 

Nothing wrong with short barrels. Back in the olden days I did a fair bit of testing various .32 match pistols (Walther/Pardini/Fas etc.)Using a Ransom machine rest. These pistols only had about 4" barrels but, with the right load gave excellent accuracy at 25 yds.

wFOcMBW.jpg

Again , that's amazing accuracy.  I've done lots of pistol shooting in the past ,  but I've never shot a decent air pistol , and didn't realise just how accurate they could be.

Dam! there nice, I do play with a gamo compact with a very sorted trigger there not bad once this is done and an old Walther LP mod3 I use cheap pellets myself not for cost more for lack of skill! and for me its good training as I'm left handed and the pistols are not.

Edited by Chaz25

21 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Dam! there nice, I do play with a gamo compact with a very sorted trigger there not bad once this is done and an old Walther LP mod3 I use cheap pellets myself not for cost more for lack of skill! and for me its good training as I'm left handed and the pistols are not.

The LP 3 was a quality match pistol, international competition level when it was introduce in 1973 - should still be capable of a good performance. I have a Walther LP53, a spring target pistol but difficult to shoot well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/06/2022 at 18:51, 1066 said:

The LP 3 was a quality match pistol, international competition level when it was introduce in 1973 - should still be capable of a good performance. I have a Walther LP53, a spring target pistol but difficult to shoot well.

Agreed very nice to shoot, I have moved the gamo on as the LP3 is so much more, and I machined the piston to fit the latter seal, velocity is a bit low on these but they handle nice and shoot well, I'm not a comp shooter but love the quality of such pistols, pondering on moving on some of my more mundane pistols  and getting a FAS 604 with an ampi grip and just keep the LP3 and the HW black star.

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

and freehand ?

One handed, open sight, unsupported precision pistol shooting is hard work and requires fairly constant practice to keep in form. Unfortunately age takes a toll and I'm 40 years past my best and really only shoot for fun.

This is a fairly good (for me) target, shot freehand at 10 metres - it's about a 96, shot with my Walther 1980's CP-2 Co2 match pistol. (With homemade shooting specs)

w8mTXUfl.jpg?1

On 05/06/2022 at 18:08, 1066 said:

Here's another air pistol.. This is my old Walther CM-2 Co2 match pistol (1990's) still shoots very well.

What an amazingly accurate,  and , beautiful , piece of engineering 👌

• 1 month later...