Why I love June every year...........

Walker570

21 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I love May and into June,Β  my favouriteΒ  time of year . Love the hawthornΒ  blossom , its now turning red . The hedgerows All look amazingΒ 

Exactly, everything starts to come alive. Saw a dozen speckled wood butterflies in our wood yesterday even though it was raining and just sat in the garden room and a young speckledy robin, new born, all innocent like.Β  Lots of young starlings eating us out of house and home on the feeders .

8 hours ago, marsh man said:

That is a gorgeous old English garden and I can see why you like June , if I had to pick I would say May when everywhere look nice and fresh , mind you , if I had a garden as big and as nice as yours I would most likely say June:lol:

If I had a garden that size I would have to say DecemberΒ  , when it's covered in snow . Its the only time when my garden looks as good as my next door neighbour.Β 

What a super garden. Everything looks at its best, the roses, foxgloves, lupins, delphiniums, clematis Montana etc etc.
ThatΒ sir, has taken many years of hard work to establish such a beautiful place.

The garden room is a very well deserved place just to sit, doze off or dwell on your wonderful surroundings. I’m sure that you consider the hard work put into it as very worthwhile and therapeutic.

Many many thanks for sharing it with us.

OB

Β 

9 minutes ago, sandspider said:

Very smart. What are the blue flowers in the second and 3rd pic?

Delphiniums and they are along with foxgloves a bif favorite of bumble bees, the main reason we grow them.Β  We moved here 32 years ago and this was a cattle yard and had a dutch barn covering it all.Β  I think that is why the roses do so well as there must be years of good stuff in the soil because the barn was an open cattle yard with soil floor.Β 

I suppose it was a fair bit of work back then but never really thought about it.Β  Now I have a chap come in and give me a hand and the resultant roses are his doing. He treats them like his own.Β Β  Had the hovel added on the side of the cow shed(now double garage) and it is now a super area for a barbecue.