scolopax

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I thought he meant to give more more to us ?? Off set the cost of living, still waiting for my £150 from council 🤔

Do you pay by Direct Debit? If so it will be paid into your account. 
m We pay monthly and we’re contacted last month with instructions as to how to submit our Bank details. 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Do you pay by Direct Debit? If so it will be paid into your account. 
m We pay monthly and we’re contacted last month with instructions as to how to submit our Bank details. 

Hello, I do now this year as it was the best way to get the £150, but I normally pay in by cheque 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I wonder just who the 148 so called "rebels" want as their/our new leader?

I imagine that some of them want a plan of action on any topic other than Boris. After that anything is a bonus. 

2 hours ago, mellors said:

How about. 

Andrew bridgen ????. 

He definitely doesn't like boris or his cabinet. 

Can you fault anyone that does not like this cabinet? Tell me something that this cabinet are making headway with? 

Rawanda :lol: (Sunny this time of year)

Ukraine Refugees :lol: (We must have reached a quota)

Brexit :lol: (half a job, fishing NI, education swaps, research alignment, border control)

Cost of living :lol: (does not affect them)

Housing Policy :lol: (they all have houses)

Energy Policy:lol: (next big crisis if it's not one already)

Covid :lol: (forgot about it)

Whatever party is in power, whoever is the leader lets at least have a policy or stratgey for something. 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

I imagine that some of them want a plan of action on any topic other than Boris. After that anything is a bonus. 

Can you fault anyone that does not like this cabinet? Tell me something that this cabinet are making headway with? 

Rawanda  (Sunny this time of year)

Ukraine Refugees  (We must have reached a quota)

Brexit  (half a job, fishing NI, education swaps, research alignment, border control)

Cost of living  (does not affect them)

Housing Policy  (they all have houses)

Energy Policy (next big crisis if it's not one already)

Covid  (forgot about it)

Whatever party is in power, whoever is the leader lets at least have a policy or stratgey for something. 

👍just about sums it up 🤣

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I wonder just who the 148 so called "rebels" want as their/our new leader?

Which is precisely why I think it was just a waste of time. What was the point if there was no intention of launching a leadership challenge? I just didn’t see the point. 
Media are of course making large of ‘four out of ten’ voted against him, but no mention of ‘six out of ten’ voted for him. 🙂

Big rumours that the vote of no confidence was run now because he had a chance to win Party gate far from over if he did miss lead parliament! 

The  fact labour have failed to make any real headway just proves how useless they are !

last local elections here ( I know these are not the same ) a green candidate was voted in because she campaigns on local issues and pressed the flesh. Overturning a Conservative majority for as long as I can remember! 

The uk had the largest debt since the world war after covid and now heading into cost of living and fuel crisis! The long term financial analysts I have heard speak paint a very scary future. The traditional older conservative voter will abstain go red  if they can’t afford to eat or heat !

my take is bully boy Boris  has built his tower and thinks he’s bigger than the party that put him there. I will not vote conservative because of the views of his wife. I believe that the voting public will decide that a change is need leading to a labour win.

ever if they elect a Boris replacement who’ll they have time to turn the ship ?

Agriv8

7 hours ago, Gordon R said:

The Tories have  a secret weapon - Starmer and Rayner. They make Boris seem like a heavyweight.

Forget the individuals where is the policy? 

The only thing we hear from either party is they are not as bad as the others but neither have any policy. 

7 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

ever if they elect a Boris replacement who’ll they have time to turn the ship ?

Agriv8

The ship is going nowhere it's not a case of turning but to give it some direction. 

Tax cuts to heal the party now ?????

Well, you can change the shade of lipstick on the pig of UK Government, you can even change its colour, but its still a total pig. 

The whole edifice from the electoral, first part the post system, to the bought and paid for MPs taking there paychecks from all angles needs massive reform. I'm not holding my breath. 

On the subject of who voted for and who voted against, you can never tell what their reasons for either choice were but it would certainly make life easier for us plebs if they took a leaf out of formula 1's book and ditched the suits and dresses for a jump suit, complete with the patches of their private sponsors. 

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Labour - sorry, I haven't a clue what policies, if any, that they have.

Magic money tree to throw money at those that don't work and the big union paymasters.  2 fingers to the average working family and pensioners that have made some provision.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Labour - sorry, I haven't a clue what policies, if any, that they have.

You don't need policies when in opposition - and if pressed can claim (in fact with some slight justification) that you don't have access to the data/figures/civil service advice to formulate policy in any detail.