Fitting eye cup pulsar axion key

rayo

Morning Guys 

I've a chance of buying a used axion xm30 key. thermal. It's got a little bit of rubbing wear to the body and a split eye cup. I've googled for the cost of a replacement eye cup but couldn't find one so contacted Thomas Jacks who told me the unit would have to be sent to them for fitting. I thought it was just a case of off with the old and slide on the new 

Just had a look at mine. It does look as though you might be right. However, because of my arthritic hands (anything can happen) I didn't remove it totally, just far enough to realise it could be a bit of a fiddle. If a dab of superglue isn't going to sort it satisfactorily and it will definitely need replacing, take it off for a shufti. I'd be surprised if following a quick measurement you can't find something suitable which is advertised for various optical instrument on the Emporium.

17 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Just had a look at mine. It does look as though you might be right. However, because of my arthritic hands (anything can happen) I didn't remove it totally, just far enough to realise it could be a bit of a fiddle. If a dab of superglue isn't going to sort it satisfactorily and it will definitely need replacing, take it off for a shufti. I'd be surprised if following a quick measurement you can't find something suitable which is advertised for various optical instrument on the Emporium.

Thanks for the reply mate I'm going to look at it on Thursday. I might be able to glue it. It's £550 so I suppose I could live with a split eye cup. I was going to buy a new xm30f but apart from recording on the f model I'm not sure if it would be worth a extra £500 for that option. I only need one for air rifle distances. 

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Yep, agree, if you've got it for shooting then you don't need all the extra add ons that cost. You'll be pleasantly surprised regarding the effective range of these.

PP has it sussed. Perhaps he could tell us from where he got the pig's ear - now that IS a silk purse.

I bought the same things of e bay for a few quid. The originals last barely a season. 

6 hours ago, wymberley said:

Yep, agree, if you've got it for shooting then you don't need all the extra add ons that cost. You'll be pleasantly surprised regarding the effective range of these.

PP has it sussed. Perhaps he could tell us from where he got the pig's ear - now that IS a silk purse.

This is the one I used on my Axion Key 30, now on the XQ38LRF. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soft-Rubber-Cover-33-35mm-Eye-Protector-For-Rifle-Scope-Recoil-Eye-Cup-Protector-/333075475263?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

8 minutes ago, PelletPinger said:

Thanks for that bud much appreciated 👍

2 hours ago, PelletPinger said:

Many thanks.

As it happens I have that on my GT14 which still has the rigid lens cap but the rubber had gone walkabout. Have you 'modified' yours? I have another type on the way and will sing out if it's any good.

Edited by wymberley

15 hours ago, wymberley said:

Many thanks.

As it happens I have that on my GT14 which still has the rigid lens cap but the rubber had gone walkabout. Have you 'modified' yours? I have another type on the way and will sing out if it's any good.

No, just cut it down in the length as it’s way too long.