Home/house /contents insurance. !!!

Minky

That time is approaching and the renewal is in.  Quite a jump from last year so went online. .  Found a good price from Aviva...  BUT I  didn't get a one time pass code to be able to pay for it.  Subsequently I  tried many angles to SPEAK with a human.  Even on their advised phone numbers.  You just go round in circles to nowhere.  Now if I  had received the code I  would now be insured with a non existent organisation.  If it this difficult to pay for a service, god help anyone who has a serious incident like a major flood out or fire.  They shouldn't be allowed to not operate like this.  Looks like we will be paying the increased amount and staying with the current insurer which does employ humans to communicate with.  As far as (hardware) is concerned Aviva don't cover that in the special items section.  There is a number to ring to discuss that aspect the problem is that they don't answer the line it too goes in circles back out onto the pavement. 

It sounds like you might have selected their Aviva online option - which is cheaper premium because there is no human involvement.

I found it great for a surprising low car premium: 08 SWB Grand vitara 1.6 value 3K. 11 yr NCD, age 70, 4K miles PA - £220 waiting five days or £290 next day start.

Claims would be handled online too.

15 minutes ago, Minky said:

That time is approaching and the renewal is in.  Quite a jump from last year so went online. .  Found a good price from Aviva...  BUT I  didn't get a one time pass code to be able to pay for it.  Subsequently I  tried many angles to SPEAK with a human.  Even on their advised phone numbers.  You just go round in circles to nowhere.  Now if I  had received the code I  would now be insured with a non existent organisation.  If it this difficult to pay for a service, god help anyone who has a serious incident like a major flood out or fire.  They shouldn't be allowed to not operate like this.  Looks like we will be paying the increased amount and staying with the current insurer which does employ humans to communicate with.  As far as (hardware) is concerned Aviva don't cover that in the special items section.  There is a number to ring to discuss that aspect the problem is that they don't answer the line it too goes in circles back out onto the pavement. 

My wife is inured with Aviva - turns out it is an online only policy - not allowed to speak to a human - and can't add a learner driver on the policy!!

Dave beat me to it :D

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

It sounds like you might have selected their Aviva online option - which is cheaper premium because there is no human involvement.

I found it great for a surprising low car premium: 08 SWB Grand vitara 1.6 value 3K. 11 yr NCD, age 70, 4K miles PA - £220 waiting five days or £290 next day start.

Claims would be handled online too.

1 hour ago, discobob said:

My wife is inured with Aviva - turns out it is an online only policy - not allowed to speak to a human - and can't add a learner driver on the policy!!

Dave beat me to it

I couldn't talk to a human even by the number issued to discuss  (extra/unusual items ) EG (sporting hardware).  I'm glad that I never got the code from my bank or else I  would be insured with this two Bob outfit.  God help the poor devils that have to make a claim.  There shoild be a law against this type of residue. If you ole boys have vehicles insured and you have an incident you'd better be sure that you've got a pushbike out in the shed.

12 hours ago, Minky said:

I couldn't talk to a human even by the number issued to discuss  (extra/unusual items ) EG (sporting hardware).  I'm glad that I never got the code from my bank or else I  would be insured with this two Bob outfit.  God help the poor devils that have to make a claim.  There shoild be a law against this type of residue. If you ole boys have vehicles insured and you have an incident you'd better be sure that you've got a pushbike out in the shed.

In my past experience, the other parties insurance offered to deal with a claim as well as my own. I think there was a tick box to pay extra for legal assistance.

I had,,, a policy with Lv.! Another two Bob outfit.  I paid for EXTRA legal 24 hr assistance.  when I had an issue with a neighbour and contacted their legal department. !!!  I was advised to seek legal advise.!!  WHAT.!!  I told them that I'd played them for legal advise.  They replied that I wasn't covered under the heads of cover.???  I had to take advise elsewhere which cost me a thousand pounds.  Rogues and highway robbers the lot of them.