Could this be Packham's downfall 🤞

Newbie to this

Chris Packham has sexually objectified his fellow springwatch host Micheala Strachan on the BBC's Springwatch 2022 episode 4

Get them complaints in to the BBC.

Edit don't forget to use your buzz words like "Misogynistic"

Edited by Newbie to this

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't Packham saying it then no one would mention it, he's made a joke that's all.

Anyone remember when you could say things that were funny?

I'm far more concerned when he says that an Oyster catcher is an Avercet, although I'm sure he does it deliberately knowing people will plaster it all over social media.

3 minutes ago, discobob said:

I did indeed find it very uncomfortable - but remembering the "Hitman and Her" days, I would have maybe possibly........ 😉

Nothing wrong with finding a woman attractive,  that's how nature works . But making suggestive remarks to a woman as she climbs a ladder,  belongs in the 1950s . 

It was just a bit dirty old man ish .

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

If it wasn't Packham saying it then no one would mention it, he's made a joke that's all.

Anyone remember when you could say things that were funny?

Tis a little bit 'cringe', as the kids say, but I am of the generation Packham was alluding to, i.e. the pre- and young-teen viewers of the 'Really Wild Show', where a certain M Strachan might've caused something to stir in the loins that I was previously unaware of.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I'm far more concerned when he says that an Oyster catcher is an Avercet, although I'm sure he does it deliberately knowing people will plaster it all over social media.

Whereas I'm more worried that you've spent your whole life mis-pronouncing 'avocet' 😉 

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Tis a little bit 'cringe', as the kids say, but I am of the generation Packham was alluding to, i.e. the pre- and young-teen viewers of the 'Really Wild Show', where a certain M Strachan might've caused something to stir in the loins that I was previously unaware of.

Exactly,  and they have worked together and been friends for what 20 years +

He wasn't staring,  he just made a joke.

5 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Whereas I'm more worried that you've spent your whole life mis-pronouncing 'avocet' 😉 

Screenshot_20220610-144352_Google.jpg.d4e5090b9b6606af76750f66e545d7ce.jpg

I'm blaming Google for not correcting me, but thought it looked wrong. 🙄

46 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I found that a bit pervy/cringey to be honest . I wouldn't dream of saying anything like that to any woman.

I've said it to my wife many a time if she's on a ladder, everything is taken far too seriously these days, same in work, you have to watch anything you say least someone takes offence. 

49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've said it to my wife many a time if she's on a ladder, everything is taken far too seriously these days, same in work, you have to watch anything you say least someone takes offence. 

I'd happily say it to my wife , but I wouldn't dream of saying it to someone else's wife .

Saying it in any decent modern workplace , would leave you explaining your pervy behaviour.  

Some women would just laugh it off , but others would be extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable. 

Edited by mel b3

I've taken my "woke" pills and submitted the below. All are welcome to use it for their own ideas. Search "Make a Complaint Contact the BBC" to be taken to an easy to fill report. Programme date was 2 June, BBC 2, time of event complained about twenty-seven minutes into the programme.

A female presenter was climbing a ladder and the male presenter, Chris Packham making a deliberate show of shielding his eyes made a remark that was to me voyeuristic sexual innuendo of poor taste. The sort of theatrical "ogling" that as a parent of a child I hoped had been left behind in the dinosaur era of Benny Hill's television shows and "Carry On" films. Appalling. Not at all funny and reminiscent of the sort of leering and verbal harassment and objectification posing as a "joke" or a "jest" that women should not be subjected at any place or time. The man should be removed from his role. 

Edited by enfieldspares

27 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'd happily say it to my wife , but I wouldn't dream of saying it to someone else's wife .

Saying it in any decent modern workplace , would leave you explaining your pervy behaviour.  

Some women would just laugh it off , but others would be extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable. 

I've just played the video for my wife, she just said it's normal,  not pervy or creepy. 

As for the work place, it's ridiculous these days, you can't just say what comes to mind, especially if you don't know the person. 

Last week something was being moved with a fork lift, young female apprentice was in very much the wrong place, I politely said she should move, she simply giggled,  laughed and stayed sat where she was, one of the young lads (who I work with), again an apprentice laughed at me saying I'm like a dad( I'm old enough) trying to look out for people,  I told him, had it been him I'd have dragged him and the chair out of the way and ####ed him for being in a stupid place, and I said it loud enough for everyone to hear.

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've just played the video for my wife, she just said it's normal,  not pervy or creepy. 

As for the work place, it's ridiculous these days, you can't just say what comes to mind, especially if you don't know the person. 

Where on earth do you work that accepts leering at women and commenting on their physical appearance ?.  Do you work in the 1955 factory 😄.

It's a bit pervy and it's a bit creepy and embarrassing. 

Where would you draw the line , at an acceptable way for someone to speak to your wife at work , and where would your wife draw the line ?. 

Just for clarity , I'm not looking for a pw squabble , I'm genuinely interested . 👍

If your going to dedicate a lot of your time to villifying a whole community then you'd best be squeaky clean or that same community is going to nail you to the floor at the first opportunity.

More power to those who have taken the time to complain. The man's a pest and needs toppling from his platform.

He and his followers would certainly have done the same. 

The time should be 28.03 into the programme. I have complained to the BBC. It was the sort of thing that got Benny Hill removed from TV, although I noticed that he is back.

Whatever your feelings about it, it should never have been screened. It should have been edited out.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Where on earth do you work that accepts leering at women and commenting on their physical appearance ?.  Do you work in the 1955 factory 😄.

It's a bit pervy and it's a bit creepy and embarrassing. 

Where would you draw the line , at an acceptable way for someone to speak to your wife at work , and where would your wife draw the line ?. 

Just for clarity , I'm not looking for a pw squabble , I'm genuinely interested . 👍

I see it as he's made a joke and looked away,  the camera PERSON didn't zoom in and CP wasn't ogling her, I was going to say that he should have been holding the ladder but it looks like it's strapped to the tree?

It's like saying you couldn't comment that someone of the opposite sex you work with, and so know has lost weight, looks nice or happy in case it's taken the wrong way.

The line is drawn, or crossed if someone is commenting each time someone walks by, or making someone uncomfortable, the women my age or older in work can easily make me blush, the younger office staff tend to walk with their heads down and don't make eye contact,  but then they don't know you so it's like someone in the street.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Just for clarity , I'm not looking for a pw squabble , I'm genuinely interested

Didn't think you were. 

It isn't something I would do or say - or laugh at, and it is in what was called 'poor taste' a few years ago.  However, there was no offence or harm intended as far as I can see.  I thoroughly dislike Packham, but really can't see any harm in this.

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I see it as he's made a joke and looked away,  the camera PERSON didn't zoom in and CP wasn't ogling her, I was going to say that he should have been holding the ladder but it looks like it's strapped to the tree?

It's like saying you couldn't comment that someone of the opposite sex you work with, and so know has lost weight, looks nice or happy in case it's taken the wrong way.

The line is drawn, or crossed if someone is commenting each time someone walks by, or making someone uncomfortable, the women my age or older in work can easily make me blush, the younger office staff tend to walk with their heads down and don't make eye contact,  but then they don't know you so it's like someone in the street.

Didn't think you were. 

But saying that someone has lost weight,  or looks happy , wouldn't usually upset anyone , and wouldn't generally be seen as any kind of low level sexual innuendo,  but cp comments were low level sexual innuendo. 

In a modern workplace , you still need to be very careful.  Saying that someone has lost weight , might make them feel that you thought that they looked really fat before .

Personally,  I get abused mercilessly , all day , every day . I also dish it out equally mercilessly. I love the craic , but you have to be very very aware that to some people , it's not a joke , and can be very upsetting/ degrading/humiliating/frightening. 

I'll be interested to see how many on here actually complain or just bang the drum.

A couple of months ago i pointed out that Packham's step daughter made a huge cock up on this morning , i complained but i don't think any others on here did.... Make the bullets , springs to mind.....