Countryfile again

ShootingEgg

I may be mistaken, but in a quick glimpse of one of those snippets of highlighted text, wasn’t there mentioned something about ‘secondary poisoning’ from a rodenticide? It may be worth watching again on iplayer, which I can’t due to no internet. 
Does that imply poisoned deliberately, such as baited? How does anyone prove deliberate poisoning? 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

I may be mistaken, but in a quick glimpse of one of those snippets of highlighted text, wasn’t there mentioned something about ‘secondary poisoning’ from a rodenticide? It may be worth watching again on iplayer, which I can’t due to no internet. 
Does that imply poisoned deliberately, such as baited? How does anyone prove deliberate poisoning? 

What no internet in this day and age.  Come on Scully move with the times! P.S. try B.T. :whistling:

33 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

What no internet in this day and age.  Come on Scully move with the times! P.S. try B.T. 

😂👍

4 minutes ago, wymberley said:

It was said that its liver contained 7 times the lethal dose and was pointed out how come it didn't die after the first.

Implying it was held captive and fed poison multiple times? 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

secondary poisoning’ from a rodenticide?

This was mentioned but good old Ruth t came on saying it had 7 times the lethal does in its system. Surely if that was the case the police wouldn't of dropped this... 

It's just another way of stirring the pot against landowners and shooters / game keepers

3 hours ago, Scully said:

😂👍

Implying it was held captive and fed poison multiple times? 

Unsure though as it would die after the first dose.... Unless some how it are something that was fully loaded with poison

Edited by ShootingEgg

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

It was said that its liver contained 7 times the lethal dose and was pointed out how come it didn't die after the first.

Seven times the lethal dose , just means that it had seven times more poison than it needed to kill it , not that it had seven doses.

It just picked up a dead rat , and is more than likely just pure chance. 

10 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Seven times the lethal dose , just means that it had seven times more poison than it needed to kill it , not that it had seven doses.

It just picked up a dead rat , and is more than likely just pure chance. 

Yep I (we) got that but the millions of stem dead couch potatos now think someone (gamekeeper, landowner or shooters) did it on  purpose, is that not called slander. 

Playing the devil's advocate for a moment (often a tad dodgy on here), a female sea eagle can weigh up to 15 lbs and assuming the autopsy was valid and the figure not exaggerated and as the use of rodenticides is so strictly controlled and to be accidentally picked up the poison bait would have had to have been placed outdoors, just what exactly does one suppose would have been the target species? Even if the  poisoning was secondary, just how big would the primary have been?

Edited by wymberley

52 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Even if the  poisoning was secondary, just how big would the primary have been?

Do they still inject deer hit by cars?

I've seen videos of sea eagles before eating a dead deer that was left up on the hill, it would have returned to a meal like this?

I've no idea if the substance used to put the deer down would make the meat poisonous? Wrong word, toxic, tainted. 

16 minutes ago, dessyb said:

dont know why people give the program a second glance its got nowt to do with countryside at all. they are over paid puppets

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It’s very easy to jump to conclusions in or against our favour, as an article in a mates ST has just confirmed, regarding the death of a raptor Police claimed had been shot. It apparently died of natural causes, but this wasn’t confirmed until the wrong verdict was already out there. 
Guilty or innocent, us shooters are often the first port of call to apportion blame to. 

Edited by Scully

40 minutes ago, Scully said:

shooters are often the first port of call to apportion blame to

And that is because the likes of Packham, Avery, Tingay apportion blame instantly for every reported death and get lots of press/air coverage readily - even though nothing is 'fact checked'.  They are skilled and ruthless media manipulators.

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

And that is because the likes of Packham, Avery, Tingay apportion blame instantly for every reported death and get lots of press/air coverage readily - even though nothing is 'fact checked'.  They are skilled and ruthless media manipulators.

I have said this before (I think) there's more wildlife splattered on our roads than anything that's poisoned, shot, trapped, more so the  young, nothing said about this cos its the general public doing it, that would be very unpopular, we get a hedgehog in the garden next morning it's pancake, I don't know what the answer is but it's not the Packham witch hunt! 

27 minutes ago, steve s×s said:

I have said this before (I think) there's more wildlife splattered on our roads than anything that's poisoned, shot, trapped, more so the  young, nothing said about this cos its the general public doing it, that would be very unpopular, we get a hedgehog in the garden next morning it's pancake, I don't know what the answer is but it's not the Packham witch hunt! 

Also c55 million birds killed by cats each year in UK, The RSPB is, however," aware of peoples feelings about this issue ", and takes their concerns seriously !

Edited by twenty

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

I agree,  but it's not deliberate would be the argument. When it comes to popularity we aren't in the same league,  same with media presence and anything negative is jumped on.

1 hour ago, twenty said:

Also c55 million birds killed by cats each year in UK, The RSPB is, however," aware of peoples feelings about this issue ", and takes their concerns seriously !

Can't upset potential donors though.