Black back gulls

bornfree

1 hour ago, bornfree said:

Just seen a pair of lesser black back gulls at 9.30pm flying around a silver birch tree in my garden so I went outside and they were catching midsummer dores that are swarming around the top of the tree. Never seen it before.

Excuse my ignorance,but what is a midsummer dore ?

3 hours ago, discobob said:

Now I'm jealous!!!😉

Don't feel bad , I'm sure he'll get around to you eventually 😁

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I knew I should have bought the whole truck load!  :rolleyes:

This seems like an appropriate moment for you to post a pic of a bloke wearing sparkly cockchafer pants dave 🤠.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Don't feel bad , I'm sure he'll get around to you eventually 😁

This seems like an appropriate moment for you to post a pic of a bloke wearing sparkly cockchafer pants dave 🤠.

Oh no, he is going to make me blush and use the same pic of me as last time 😉

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Is that the pic that started the sausagegate  enquiry ?.

Nope. 
TC actually said he wanted to do some Aviation’ photos and I thought what could possible go wrong?

It got a bit worrying when he said he needed to see my ‘fuselage’ and that my ‘landing gear’ should be in the ‘extended’ position! 

I tried to escape. Honestly I did, but he used the old ‘seniority’ card and made me stay. 

21 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Nope. 
TC actually said he wanted to do some Aviation’ photos and I thought what could possible go wrong?

It got a bit worrying when he said he needed to see my ‘fuselage’ and that my ‘landing gear’ should be in the ‘extended’ position! 

I tried to escape. Honestly I did, but he used the old ‘seniority’ card and made me stay. 

You only have yourself to blame . Its a well known pw fact that dave has always been more than a little interested in your undercarriage. 

35 minutes ago, bornfree said:

Iam 57 years old and I never knew the correct name. Everyone I know calls them midsummer dores. Must be a Norfolk thing. But I have heard them called May bug's 

In Norfolk the cockchafer has many local names such as chovy, mitchamador, kittywitch and midsummer dor.

Stole that from National Wildlife trust as I’m an ignoramus 😉

22 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

In Norfolk the cockchafer has many local names such as chovy, mitchamador, kittywitch and midsummer dor.

Stole that from National Wildlife trust as I’m an ignoramus 😉

not to be confused with a "Bishibarnabee"

11 hours ago, bornfree said:

Iam 57 years old and I never knew the correct name. Everyone I know calls them midsummer dores. Must be a Norfolk thing. But I have heard them called May bug's 

I am 57 too, they do get called May Bugs sometimes, which is odd because they are invariably a June occurrence.

11 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Nope. 

My what an interestingly creative mind you have, are all the Good Old Bois from Norfolk blessed in this way?  :lol:

23 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am 57 too, they do get called May Bugs sometimes, which is odd because they are invariably a June occurrence.

My what an interestingly creative mind you have, are all the Good Old Bois from Norfolk blessed in this way?  :lol:

You know we’re ‘blessed’, you took the pics 😉