Great Wall Steed

bunny_blaster

Just having a look around at second hand pick ups and came across a few of these trucks at what seems good money. I currently have a Isuzu Rodeo 3.0 auto which is brilliant but it drinks fuel like it’s going out of fashion. I’m considering changing to a manual.

Has anyone had any experience with the Steeds?

Ben

48 minutes ago, bunny_blaster said:

Just having a look around at second hand pick ups and came across a few of these trucks at what seems good money. I currently have a Isuzu Rodeo 3.0 auto which is brilliant but it drinks fuel like it’s going out of fashion. I’m considering changing to a manual.

Has anyone had any experience with the Steeds?

Ben

Garbage made in China zero contribution to jobs in UK. If you like cheap gear it will be fine. 

They must be made from recycled low grade steel as we used to see them rusty before the number plates went on from new. The garage a used to work at thought it would be a good idea to take the franchise on. They kicked them into touch after 2 years. There quite bad for head gaskets too. We used a couple of the demos on a shoot with the right tyres on they were good off road. Think a SE model was thick end of 20k new I’ve seen them for as little as 2.5k now be about all I’d pay for one to be honest.

On 14/06/2022 at 10:10, bunny_blaster said:

Too many problems with the DPF and regens. I’d rather stick with my rodeo

Had mine over 5 years from new and never had a problem. 

It's constant short running that causes those problems and no diesel engine likes short running. 

I still think there the best pickup out there.