I was going to lie down on the runway to stop the Rwanda deportations...

enfieldspares

Yesterday I was going with my new-age neighbours, Malcolm and Cressida Wright-Pr*tt, to drive down the M4 to Wiltshire to lie down on the runway to stop the Rwanda deportations. It didn't go well! Extinction Rebellion had blocked the new bypass getting on so we had to make a two hour detour and when we did finally get on to the motorway we couldn't get off the it as Insulate Britain had glued themselves to the slip road. So we had to turn back and come home. We can only hope for next week.

Edited by enfieldspares

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to worry the European Court of Human Rights have done the job for you!

Amazing isn’t it when the judicial system works at the speed of light for these people with no expense spared.

For you or I to try and get something through it takes months/years at horrendous expense. Doesn’t seem right really does it!

clangerman is right on his observation...........the govt' are waiting for it to kick off with the people taking things into their own hands....then they will act..in the good of the country...and thus will safegaurd their salaries and pensions and positions as MP's

Hello, I dread to think the cost to UK tax payers to send , ooppss not send 7 illegal immigrants to Rwanda , been cheaper to return to France, saying this I think all this could be easy to stop if we got tough with France and Macron , but how ??

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I dread to think the cost to UK tax payers to send , ooppss not send 7 illegal immigrants to Rwanda , been cheaper to return to France, saying this I think all this could be easy to stop if we got tough with France and Macron , but how ??

Hello, just to add I see there's a few new people on the TV from various organisations  making a claim we should welcome all those that cross the channel in boats, backs of lorries, stowaways on ships,  costing UK tax payers 10s of millions of £s yet we now have a financial crisis and more food banks than Tesco supermarkets , I say charity begins at home, 

Hello, to get back on post topic I do wonder how many of these demonstrators are on benefits 🤔 or am I getting cynical in my old age, 

We have to establish a process to deal with migrants in a fair, open and honest way. We hide behind rhetoric , bluff and bluster because we cannot set out a fair system because the truth hurts and will loose gammon votes. Hence we keep going around in circles making no progress and the situation is getting worse. 

Establish who we will accept and how we will accept them. Set up a fully serviced reception facility in Europe, no crisps , no chocolate bars. Have a detailed integration and support system in the UK. 

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

Establish who we will accept and how we will accept them. Set up a fully serviced reception facility in Europe, no crisps , no chocolate bars. Have a detailed integration and support system in the UK. 

A reception facility in Europe would make life easier for genuine asylum seekers.  

The others could return to their countries of origin, or stay in France, or set off across the Channel in a little boat.   Which option are they likely to choose?

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

We have to establish a process to deal with migrants in a fair, open and honest way. We hide behind rhetoric , bluff and bluster because we cannot set out a fair system because the truth hurts and will loose gammon votes. Hence we keep going around in circles making no progress and the situation is getting worse. 

Genuine refugees I don't think anyone would have issue with, economic migrants being trafficked or getting here through any means, why should we have to foot the bill. May not make friends by saying that but we have a social care system that's broken which has a knock on effect to all other health services, yet we spend millions on people entering the country illegally. They shouldn't even make it to France!! Isn't the rule, you take refuge in the FIRST country you come into!!!! Im sure all those who apposed the flight will now offer the migrants a spare room to stay in, or are we going to have to use tax to put them up in hotels like we are just south of Bristol at the moment? Costing 30k a week for that one hotel

12 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Genuine refugees I don't think anyone would have issue with, economic migrants being trafficked or getting here through any means, why should we have to foot the bill. May not make friends by saying that but we have a social care system that's broken which has a knock on effect to all other health services, yet we spend millions on people entering the country illegally. They shouldn't even make it to France!! Isn't the rule, you take refuge in the FIRST country you come into!!!! Im sure all those who apposed the flight will now offer the migrants a spare room to stay in, or are we going to have to use tax to put them up in hotels like we are just south of Bristol at the moment? Costing 30k a week for that one hotel

No it's not a rule. 

The UK cannot have stick without carrot. The UK systems for processing applications and dealing with requests is abysmal and we are reaping the benefits of the seeds that we sow. 

As an example. The UK has agreed to take refugees from Ukraine. I have a refugee that wants to come here. She has her visa sorted (March) and is unlikely to get here untill July. She got to Italy within a week the only delay being the time to travel. How can everywhere else in Europe deal with requests in an instance whereas the UK finds every sort of road block possible. 

The system is truly pathetic and driven by hysteria. Hysteria that whipped up by racist imagery of immigrants taking UK jobs at the same time as they scrounge off the state. If we put reception centres in hard to reach places, staff them with two people a dog, bottle of pop and a packet of crisps then they are going to get in a boat and cross the channel. 

51 minutes ago, oowee said:

No it's not a rule. 

The UK cannot have stick without carrot. The UK systems for processing applications and dealing with requests is abysmal and we are reaping the benefits of the seeds that we sow. 

As an example. The UK has agreed to take refugees from Ukraine. I have a refugee that wants to come here. She has her visa sorted (March) and is unlikely to get here untill July. She got to Italy within a week the only delay being the time to travel. How can everywhere else in Europe deal with requests in an instance whereas the UK finds every sort of road block possible. 

The system is truly pathetic and driven by hysteria. Hysteria that whipped up by racist imagery of immigrants taking UK jobs at the same time as they scrounge off the state. If we put reception centres in hard to reach places, staff them with two people a dog, bottle of pop and a packet of crisps then they are going to get in a boat and cross the channel. 

How can you process people without any form of ID.

13 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I would think being a island with a large navy it would be rather easy to stop illegal immigration if your government wanted to. 

To bloody true. It’s about time  someone grew a pair. Just turn them back, and let the froggies sort it, after all don’t we pay them to do just that.

24 minutes ago, scouser said:

, after all don’t we pay them to do just that.

As it turns out, actually no we don't. It seems We pay them to patrol the beaches. Nobody said anything about stopping the migrants jumping into boats while they are waling up and down patrolling. Lots of footage of them standing watching the boats getting loaded and setting off.

Edited by Vince Green

39 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I would think being a island with a large navy it would be rather easy to stop illegal immigration if your government wanted to. 

You would think so, but that twenty miles of Channel is just another hurdle, and all the navy is allowed to do is bring them back to shore.

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I dread to think how much the cost to the taxpayer in legal aid for all those appeals in the high court. At the end of the process its the lawyers that are milking this for all they can get out of it. 

I listened the news this morning totting up the cost of the flight and planning. 

They don't see the cost to the country in free hand outs to these 90% male immigrants. 

It's a bloody joke,  just keep em coming in. We'll soon be all speaking anything but English on this island. 

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

i asked for clearance and a heavy machine gun twice nothing arrived truth of it is we have a coward in charge lacking the guts to stop criminals walking in our own front door but nobody wants to admit it you must be laughing your heads of at us over there lol 

7 hours ago, oowee said:

No it's not a rule. 

Could you manage a couple of Syrians as well? Might not pay so well though...