I was going to lie down on the runway to stop the Rwanda deportations...

enfieldspares

2 hours ago, oowee said:

If your looking for a Brexit benefit its not easy to see other than higher migration rates for skilled workers, we don't pay membership fees and greater control.  Try this, 

So much for your above video , peoples thoughts on that  channel. 

Screenshot_20220619-190154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-185958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-185921_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, oowee said:

Over 60% are genuine refugees and asylum seekers and are allowed to settle. They risk there lives because the official channels are simply not available to them. 

Lets be honest, that 60 % is the amount that the home office decided were genuine, because they could not prove otherwise, the onus is not on the migrant to prove status, its on the HO to prove they are lying or fraudulently claiming asylum. Quite often the HO  fail to do this and they stay. 

Even when they prove the case is not deserving, they still get to stay anyway, such is the way the system is oriented. 

9 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

The EU is one of the biggest culprits to my mind, if they registered them in the first country they are detected, it would be the first step in identifying if these people were genuine refugees. 

There's a good reason they tend not to register them. If the asylum case in the UK fails, we can send them back to the country of first registration. 

They really don't want that. 

On 18/06/2022 at 23:39, oowee said:

Not sure i follow your thoughts.

It is not illegal to land in the UK and ask for asylum. There are clearly many economic migrants on the boats but 61% of these potential migrants (data to 2021)  are recognised as refugees and allowed to settle in UK. Why would we want to tag innocent people? Why are the refugees risking their lives to cross when they could go through agreed channels to settle here? 

There are policy documents that set out the plan but there are such small resources that the policy as described is not delivered. 

You claimed the ‘root cause’ of illegal migration is no policy, but then go on to say there will always be immigration, illegal or otherwise. Therefore having no policy cannot be the ‘root cause’. 
I would suggest the ‘root cause’ of illegal migration ( to the UK at least ) is our very attractive benefits system, a largely tolerant society, free hospital care by way of the NHS, and numerous outside influences beyond our control; just one of them being a total indifference on the part of other countries to effectively control illegal migration on their own borders. 

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This has to be one of the biggest draws, not having to worry about health care cost, if anything happens.

I have indeed heard of cases of people getting off the plane and going straight to hospital - these are short term health migrants unless of course their health stops them being exported.....

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I have indeed heard of cases of people getting off the plane and going straight to hospital - these are short term health migrants unless of course their health stops them being exported.....

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/news/2021/10/21/health-tourism

https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourism/

It's bigger than most people think!

Edited by Rem260