Vintage/Antique BSA Air Rifles

Hector Vector

I am not normally interested in air guns but have always fancied adding a vintage BSA or Webley air rifle to my collection of things that go bang (mostly vintage or antique). Consequently I picked up not one but two BSA Improved Model D rifles recently. One is a Standard pattern from 1911/12 and the other a Light pattern from 1913/14. Both are in pretty good original order considering their age and have not been messed around with. They are really well made, real quality feel to them and both are surprisingly accurate at 25 yards. Going to give them a strip and service and put them to use once again.

Mod D.jpg

Edited by Hector Vector
Minor correction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2022 at 08:33, Hector Vector said:

They are really well made, real quality feel to them and both are surprisingly accurate at 25 yards. 

LOL! Of course they are accurate! People in the Black Country shot for money and a mutton supper with these things! Read "Ring My Bell" by the late Frank Spittle. Have fun. And pass a thought for the memory of the many, who as "lads" would have shot such (maybe even those very guns you now have) that still today lie buried and at rest in France and Flanders at Passchendale and on the Somme. I'd think the one with the optional adjustable rear peep sight will be the most accurate. Someone likely tried it and put the sight on when they realised it was just that bit more accurate than its sister guns of the same batch in the same rack..

Edited by enfieldspares