Flapper arm broken.... help

I have an old UK Shootwarehouse flapper. One of the arms is broken at the base where it slots into the hole and connects to the arm. Unfortunately, I can't get a replacement from UkSW as they don't make them any more. I wonder if anyone knows where I can get one from, or a way of making a new arm? I have tried gluing the broken piece back but it broke off again. Would like to fix as it works perfectly well and is a shame to scrap.

Thanks in advance.

thumbnail_IMG_3800.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3801.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3802.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3803.jpg

Edited by Mightymariner

21 hours ago, marsh man said:

If you knew someone who have got a M I G welder I am sure he or she could devise a way of putting it back in working order , can't really be that complicated , or can it ?

This ^^….find a local garage/workshop, take about ten minutes to weld and will be stronger.

31 minutes ago, old'un said:

This ^^….find a local garage/workshop, take about ten minutes to weld and will be stronger.

Even the farm / estate where the op do his Pigeon shooting would sort it out in no time , I find the farm boys are very adaptable when it come to general repairs on metal work and a broken flapper arm would be a doddle to them :good:

2 hours ago, old'un said:

can you see this one?

pic.jpg

THANKS for that old'un , as clear as a bell , I know a man who could sort that out , trouble is , he have moved to within shouting distance to H R H , even though he is long retired his services are always in demand , what his services are we can all but guess but Ginger might be a clue :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Mightymariner said:

So as an update. I took your advice and found someone locally who does welding. Popped to see him today, ten minutes later he had done it for me. No charge, on the basis it might break again but said he could make up two new arms if it did. Thanks all!

There you go , all sorted and all ready to put it to good use , Good Luck  MM