Hyper inflation..

TOPGUN749

I have just been out for a bit of shopping,they tell us inflation is 9%,when everything in the shop is 10-25% up and changing every visit. Petrol now £8.63 a gallon,this time last year was £5.86 over 47% up,and it’s not even E5 as it was last year! I wonder what rise they will give the pensioners and others next April? Another measly 3.1%?

I feel you from the states.  I was in Walmart yesterday and Eggs are $2 a dozen, milk over $3 a gallon, gas $4.50 a gallon, shot gun shells $32 a 100, beef was $3 a pound, Walmart Bread was a $1.00 a loaf.  That when you know it’s bad when bread is a dollar, it’s  .88 cent my entire life.  I sent my wife this picture and she was like damn, it’s over. 

BFAEC4AE-AF61-401A-82B6-EC9E1CCBE457.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

18 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I feel you from the states.  I was in Walmart yesterday and Eggs are $2 a dozen, milk over $3 a gallon, gas $4.50 a gallon, shot gun shells $32 a 100, beef was $3 a pound, Walmart Bread was a $1.00 a loaf.  That when you know it’s bad when bread is a dollar, it’s  .88 cent my entire life.  I sent my wife this picture and she was like damn, it’s over. 

BFAEC4AE-AF61-401A-82B6-EC9E1CCBE457.jpeg

Wow I wish our fuel was $4.50 a gallon and shotgun cartridges $32 per hundred 😂

18 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I took these pictures the day Biden took office because I knew his policies where going to hurt. 

A52E1BFD-876A-40D3-81CA-DCA50A6A9A5B.jpeg

3BC0E6ED-40B2-4BB1-848A-A7F46CC4A403.jpeg

3DB7C4F0-E332-4C49-81FF-C6DDC9E3632F.jpeg

89873E50-8C6F-4745-9D5C-ADF2D1F6ED5A.jpeg

Not to mention gas was $1.65 a gallon

I remember you saying it at the time 👍

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Wow I wish our fuel was $4.50 a gallon and shotgun cartridges $32 per hundred 😂

I think your gallons are smaller than ours,but we pay nearly £9 a gallon for our gas, our cheapest cartridges are about £25 a hundred,milk £2.70 a gallon,eggs about £2.20 a dozen.your bread may be a bit dearer than ours here!

On 18/06/2022 at 16:36, TOPGUN749 said:

I have just been out for a bit of shopping,they tell us inflation is 9%,when everything in the shop is 10-25% up and changing every visit. Petrol now £8.63 a gallon,this time last year was £5.86 over 47% up,and it’s not even E5 as it was last year! I wonder what rise they will give the pensioners and others next April? Another measly 3.1%?

We were told (not formally) that we (the tax payers) would foot the Covid bill, so to me its no surprise, there is definitely some profiting, again to be expected 

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

We were told (not formally) that we (the tax payers) would foot the Covid bill, so to me its no surprise, there is definitely some profiting, again to be expected 

Will be interesting to see what the big six supermarket chains report as profits in the coming six months.