Really enjoying my 28 gauge

Shadowchaser

I recently purchased a Beretta Xplor Action in 28 gauge after many months of dithering over whether or not to buy one. 

It's a cracking gun. So far used on rats and clays and it seems to bridge the gap between small vermin gun and potential rough shooting gun very well indeed. 

I know some say they're pointless or will become worthless with the steel situation but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Until then I intend to enjoy shooting this really great gun/calibre. 

32 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

I recently purchased a Beretta Xplor Action in 28 gauge after many months of dithering over whether or not to buy one. 

It's a cracking gun. So far used on rats and clays and it seems to bridge the gap between small vermin gun and potential rough shooting gun very well indeed. 

I know some say they're pointless or will become worthless with the steel situation but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Until then I intend to enjoy shooting this really great gun/calibre. 

Good for you - lovely caliber. Surprisingly capable. 

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Great litle calibre and will do the job if you do. Most on here know that I am a 410 enthusiast and I have wiped the eye of a few 12 gauge shooters on driven days, tidying up behind.  I don't know that make or model, but enjoy it and I am sure you will become hooked.

Yes I've seen your .410 appreciation in other topics. 

I know a chap who now shoots with a 28 gauge all the time due to age and injury.  He said he never feels outgunned other than on the very odd target. In fact I've know him beat many a 12 gauge shooter (myself included). He's always been a good shot mind, but still it puts some us of to shame. 

Fortunately I have reloaded for the last 50yrs, maybe a bit more, so loading bismuth for my 410 is not a problem. I am pretty confident that once the changeover becomes complete and it will, then non toxics will become available for all calibres. There again, there is a great deal of pleasure shooting your own 'brand'.

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Fortunately I have reloaded for the last 50yrs, maybe a bit more, so loading bismuth for my 410 is not a problem. I am pretty confident that once the changeover becomes complete and it will, then non toxics will become available for all calibres. There again, there is a great deal of pleasure shooting your own 'brand'.

Interestingly both this Beretta and my Kofs .410 are proofed for steel.  I imagined the Beretta would be, but not the budget gun. (In fact without looking I'm sure the Kofs is proofed for high performance steel shot).