Wraith NV

steve_b_wales

31 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Which is the best/easiest to use, The basic one or the 4K Ultra?

According to him off the tube, the 4k has no real advantage over the basic, and a mate says the 4k is just a higher definition and not really worth the extra cost. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

According to him off the tube, the 4k has no real advantage over the basic, and a mate says the 4k is just a higher definition and not really worth the extra cost. 🤷‍♂️

That's what I was wondering. I'm thinking of getting the basic one for short range (40 yards) rabbit shooting with my .22LR.

Hello, optics warehouse have all the wraith NV scopes, there's a new model out now, worth sending them an email for info, some people are not finding the smaller front lense model to good , as Scully mentioned the new 4 K,  the basic  model may be more suitable, having said that my Yukon XT still works well on my CZ 455

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Without getting it out of the cabinet I think mine is the basic and certainly out to 70yrds it is more than capable.   I'm a bit of an old grump and not up with all the push this pull that technology but eventually worked out how to adjust and zero and select which fancy cross hairs I prefered but yes at the price not a bad bit of kit. I was told that they eat batteries but my average sit up is three hours and I have done four visits so far and it is still ok. BUT I use a spotter and only turn mine on when I need to take a shot.

Hope this helps. Pity your so far away or you could come check it out.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Without getting it out of the cabinet I think mine is the basic and certainly out to 70yrds it is more than capable.   I'm a bit of an old grump and not up with all the push this pull that technology but eventually worked out how to adjust and zero and select which fancy cross hairs I prefered but yes at the price not a bad bit of kit. I was told that they eat batteries but my average sit up is three hours and I have done four visits so far and it is still ok. BUT I use a spotter and only turn mine on when I need to take a shot.

Hope this helps. Pity your so far away or you could come check it out.

Thanks. :good:

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, optics warehouse have all the wraith NV scopes, there's a new model out now, worth sending them an email for info, some people are not finding the smaller front lense model to good , as Scully mentioned the new 4 K,  the basic  model may be more suitable, having said that my Yukon XT still works well on my CZ 455

They are selling a HD 4-32x50 for £349 + pp. At the moment, I use an add on with my .22LR but tempted to get a Wraith for day/night use.

Edited by steve_b_wales

The only addition I made to mine was one of those strap thingies used for putting reels on fishing rods. Put that around the focus ring and the knob then makes adjusting very simple. This is handy because focusing can be a problem just with the standard ring.

Now you've made me get it out.....  see photo

001.JPG

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks. :good:

They are selling a HD 4-32x50 for £349 + pp. At the moment, I use an add on with my .22LR but tempted to get a Wraith for day/night use.

Hello Steve, yes that's why I mentioned them, I'm tempted to 🙄, a bit heavier than the XT , although I use a tripod, but never been good with these techy scopes 🙄

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

The only addition I made to mine was one of those strap thingies used for putting reels on fishing rods. Put that around the focus ring and the knob then makes adjusting very simple. This is handy because focusing can be a problem just with the standard ring.

Now you've made me get it out.....  see photo

001.JPG

Fishing Coaster. Good idea. I saw that Chris Parkin, who writes for a few shooting magazines, put one  on the one that he used. I use them on most of my scopes.