Intergas Boilers Anyone?

discobob

Hi,

looking at replacing our standard boiler (well with an internal DHW Cylinder) as it is 18 years old - it is an Alpha CB50

I am looking at the Intergas range of boilers as they are flexible (can run as a combi or a system boiler as we are getting Solar PV installed at some point) and can take pre-heated water up to all temperatures if we do heat water in a cylinder from excess PV

Has any members got one fitted and what are they like in operation/usage

TIA

Bob

2 minutes ago, mowdy said:

I have solar pe connected to my emersion tank via a solec box and my boiler is a a Worcester Greenstar LPG boiler 

it works very well 

Do you just run off the cylinder for your hot water - I am a bit space limited so if we go to a cylinder I am looking at a squat 150ltr model and with two teenagers that won't be enough if they decide to jump in consecutively - so would be looking at the boiler to then take up the slack of cooler water at times

Although I was informed yesterday that as we have an "old" meter that any solar that we have that goes back to the grid will cause our meter to run backwards - better than any FIT at this time - I know it isn't quite "right" but ......... with the advice of keep your old meter

I have a 250lt tank which supply's all the  hot water for a 3 bed 4 bathroom house with plenty to spare .the water is red hot at the moment with using the emersion heater of the solar. I have been topping up my lazy spar from the hot tap as I have too much hot water at the moment LOL

11 hours ago, mowdy said:

I have a 250lt tank which supply's all the  hot water for a 3 bed 4 bathroom house with plenty to spare .the water is red hot at the moment with using the emersion heater of the solar. I have been topping up my lazy spar from the hot tap as I have too much hot water at the moment LOL

Do you have battery storage as well?? 

no not at the moment as my electric is only costing me around £600 a year . 10Kw storage is going to be 5K so at the moment . just not sure about tying up my capital as estate agents have said it will not increase the value of the property though it might help it sell ?. House is B energy rated(88%) .it would be A rated  but due to lpg it lost a few points on the energy rating. I did look at air source but rejected that due to cost and reliability issue's .

I am a bit peed off at that as it is in the same band as a lot of inferior new builds but that's life